167+ lbs lost. 10lbs more to "goal"(pics)

Options

Replies

• AussieGal73
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • hunniebunn
    hunniebunn Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    what an amazing story! you look fantastic <3
  • thisonewillwork
    thisonewillwork Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well done, you are amazing and should be very proud of yourself. Thanks for sharing your journey with hints and encouragement. I hope you go well with the last stage of your ideal goal. :bigsmile:
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    WOW! way to go!
  • AlbyHK
    AlbyHK Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love the custume - super clever! I bet you are able to do all kinds of activities with you kid now too! You are a true inspiration - thank you for sharing.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

The timeline:
    First, I stopped drinking soda. Besides a ginger ale last year when I was sick, and some Martinelli's at a few New Years Eve parties, I haven't drunk soda since quitting. (Note: I don't know enough to know definitively whether or not soda is bad...but I know it wasn't a good habit for me...so I quit.)

I have a friend who lost 80 pounds doing nothing but switching out soda for water. No meal tracking, no exercise, nothing but that.
    Soda adds a lot more calories than people realize.

fantastic job!
  • aliciadub
    aliciadub Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Very inspirational. You look fantastic. And congratulations on the running! Those half marathons are not easy!
  • katiemegcz
    katiemegcz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love that you made one lifestyle change at a time. I did that too, and soda was my first as well. That was so hard, but I feel so much better. Congrats on your success!!
  • DannyBoy863
    DannyBoy863 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's incredible and very inspirational. WELL DONE!!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • jbugiel
    jbugiel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    When I first started using Myfitnesspal, I'd smirk and snicker and think "who does that?" when peeps would write that they didn't have any fat pics of themselves and opine on causes, e.g., subconscious shame. It didn't take me too long to realize I was one of those people and that I hardly had any fat pics of myself. A few weeks/month ago, I e-mailed some friends and asked if they had any fat pics of me. I received a reply e-mail a couple days ago with a pic attached. It's of me at costume/Halloween party in Oct 2009. I studied the picture for a while and then went into the bathroom here at work and took a selfie. Here are the pics together:

October 2009 - Approx 400lbs February 2014 - Appox 235lbs
    5YEARS.jpg

The timeline:
    First, I stopped drinking soda. Besides a ginger ale last year when I was sick, and some Martinelli's at a few New Years Eve parties, I haven't drunk soda since quitting. (Note: I don't know enough to know definitively whether or not soda is bad...but I know it wasn't a good habit for me...so I quit.)

Second. Subsequent to quitting soda, I started limiting myself to one plateful of food at meals. Note: I could get as large a plate as I wanted, and could pile it as high as logistically possible, but still..."one plateful" represented a decrease in total food consumption at meals. (smh...but this was a good step-in-the-right-direction for me with respect to learning to moderate intake)

Third. Subsequent to beginning to regulate (even minimally) portion control, I started using MFP. This is when I really started to pick up steam. (I think I started around Oct-Nov 2012.)

Fourth: I did the 30 Day Shred and was amazed at the results (in one month, I lost 12lbs and a couple of inches...that was A LOT for me!)

Fifth: I started running. I liked/like the challenge, my knees are young'ish, and it's a convenient way for me to burn some calories. (I started out with huffing and puffing around the track--who am I kidding...it was little more than brisk walking...but I ended the year with some 5ks, 10ks, and a pair of half marathons under my--significantly smaller:tongue: --belt).

That's it. I'm currently down 165+lbs. I'd like to lose another 30lbs and then lose some more inches as I gradually add more strength exercise. Thanks to everyone who's helped thus far...and thanks to everyone who continues to help or who will help me in the future. It would have been much harder, if not improbable, without you. :smile:

(BTW...like that costume? I'm supposed to be the Empire State Building and my kid is King Kong. Haha.)

Wow... I'm very impressed and inspired by your journey so far. I'd love the encouragement as I travel upon my 90 lb. weight loss journey and would love to help motivate you as well, if that's even possible :)
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats! You look so healthy and young! Fantastic job. And second, your costume is so unbelievably adorable and creative!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!!
  • claudineer
    claudineer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow. Great results.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Such a great job!
  • heds49
    heds49 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    killing it
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    How could I have not seen this when you posted it??

U know I think your amazing!!! And you are amazing! You look so good in the office pic! :drinker:

And I love the costume!:heart:
    Glad to have been on (part of) this journey with you!! It's been a great year!

46616-Jayma-mays-clapping-gif-GLEE-1IN8.gif
  • aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic.... love the costume in the before picture as well, very clever xXx
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!