Does anyone else feel this way.

Options
So since i started MPF and been here on a off for a while, there have been days where i sit down to eat, i portion out my food with a scale, and eat it. It is the correct number of calories i should be having for this meal and when i get done i'm stuffed. I couldn't eat another bite!!! I look at how little i had on my plate and wonder, how in the world could that leave me stuffed? I remember a time when i could eat three of those and still be hungry. I can only guess that my stomach must have shrunk, i haven't even lost that much weight but my stomach reminds me that i've definately changed my eating habits. Does anyone else have this afliction where they suddenly feel like the littlest things just fill you right up?

Replies

• squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've only been on this diet for a little over a week and I get full so fast! I think our bodies are getting the nutrition it needs and your body is relearning how to signal "I'm not hungry"
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I do !! and I am SO thankful for that. I just had a cup of yougurt for a snack and feel like I ate a full course meal.

I've only been on MFP for a couple of weeks but I am so thankful for the progress I've made.
  • redkoolayde
    Options
    Hello. My sister and I have been having that same conversation........... It is amazing!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    yes:tongue:

I think in the past most of us were eating 'CRAP' and those foods don't fill a person up they only add cals, fat and weight. Eating healthy foods gives our bodies a whole new experience, we can eat far less cals of good healthy food and be satisfied. Eating a bag of chips, pop and whatever else was eaten in the past would usually be followed for most by more carbs of the same, thousands upon thousands of empty cals doesn't really fill a person up but healthy food does.:drinker:
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    I went to an all you can eat chinese buffet, I was done after a small plate of starters.

Normally I would be back and forth to the counter for more helpings, the old me could have had soup two plates of starters and 3 or 4 large plates of food
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Most definitely!
  • summerjoy0621
    summerjoy0621 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do for sure! Matter of fact I was thinking that yesterday when I was eating lunch. I had a Lean Cusine and it was on the smaller side of what I normally eat so I didn't think it was going to be enough at all. It was the chicken fried rice. I must say it was soooo good! I have been splurging a bit so I had a DP with it, but I was way full. Very suprising for me. Kudos on the feeling as it is a good one!:flowerforyou:
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    not i.

i wish i were more like you all!:ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Yeppers - It also helps when you are eating healthy food, it's usually food that is higher in protien and fiber instead of the crap we use to eat that was all fillers and fat.
  • cavlax08
    Options
    I bought my usual two healthy tacos yesterday and wasn't able to finish them! Normally I eat two, some chips and salsa and are still hungry! Not only am I healthier, and have a smaller stomach, but I am going to save money too! Yay
  • leslieheb
    leslieheb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I feel that way too.. I take it as an accomplishment and it makes me very proud of myself. It is still a struggle every day .. but i have lost 20 lbs and have more to go.. it is the little steps that we must celebrate ...
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I know, I had turkey dinner, and only had one small plate. Wasn't tempted to go back. Yes everything was yummy, but I was thinking that I could make nice lunches with the leftovers.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Yip, I'm definitely having that experience finding it hard to get up to 1,200 calories. And I'm saving money on food. :)
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Definitely. And my husband and I had salads the other day for a meal - he marveled at how he considered it a meal, whereas before it would have been, "Nice appetizer, where's my food?"
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    I do. LOVE IT. No complaints from me! :flowerforyou: