calories to burn-question...

2»

Replies

• KendraA89
    KendraA89 Posts: 19
    I appreciate everyone taking the time to respond. Opened my eyes to how unhealthy I was being eating too few calories. I'll give the new 1900 calorie intake a few weeks and post my results from it. Thanks again :-D
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Brianperkins- lmao! I didn't realize 2lb a week was too much. Oops... I do Insanity in the am and lift weights/30 min cardio in the evening. Throw out what I said about losing 2lb a week. I just wanted to know how many cals I should be eating and how much I should be burning..

"Lmao" is an immature response. You can grow up, get serious about this, and start on a path to improving your body composition in an intelligent manner or you can keep grasping for random numbers on an internet forum. The choice is yours.

Here's a Snickers, dude.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Everyone else has given you the right information to get started. I know I had some trouble wrapping my head around the numbers at first, especially as to what my net calories should be, and this site really helped make sense of that for me because it took into account my goal weight as well. I, too, don't have very much weight left to lose so 2 lbs of week is not a healthy rate of weight loss, and I am aiming now to lose .5 - 1 lb per week. If you plan on eating back your exercise calories back, do not take that into consideration when estimating your activity level. If you do, don't eat any exercise calories back that would be within that activity level.

Use this to estimate your body fat % for a more accurate TDEE estimate.

http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/mbf/

Then remember that number, and fill this out.

http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/bmr/
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Brianperkins- lmao! I didn't realize 2lb a week was too much. Oops... I do Insanity in the am and lift weights/30 min cardio in the evening. Throw out what I said about losing 2lb a week. I just wanted to know how many cals I should be eating and how much I should be burning..

"Lmao" is an immature response. You can grow up, get serious about this, and start on a path to improving your body composition in an intelligent manner or you can keep grasping for random numbers on an internet forum. The choice is yours.

Here's a Snickers, dude.

snickerslady-big.gif

Seriously OP, ignore that response. You're getting great advice and it sounds like you've got a plan to move forward. Good luck!