Protein-rich meal ideas, no shakes or bars

Options
jlshea
jlshea Posts: 494 Member
Just looking at my daily intake I am so carb heavy. I really need to step up the protein but am at a loss. I love the Egg Beaters but can only do so many eggs before I am sick of them.

I'd love some ideas on ways of getting protein in but with little amounts of sugar.

I'm not big on shakes or bars.

Thanks!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

Your question shows a lot in the MFP message boards, in particular at Recipes

Here is a recent link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1208581-healthy-or-high-protein-snacks?hl=Protein+snacks#posts-18905246

Good luck in your healthy journey
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I know "low carb" is not the same as "More protein" HOWEVER I love a lot of the recipes on this site. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/low-carb-recipes.html

I am trying to balance out my carbs and protein also. I'm not logging right now for a couple reasons so looking at my diary isn't going to help. But I've decided to suck it up and really think about what carbs I am eating. Instead of pasta with my side of chicken, I'll do a little bit bigger piece of chicken with a 1 cup and a half of green beans, broccoli, or sprouts and then maybe a 1/2 cup of sweet potato.

I've been buying meat in bulk, to make it a little easier on my wallet. I also made chili recently: 1pound turkey, 4 cans of different beans. Now if you didn't add the beer and corn that I did then it would be not very carb heavy at all. I'm not going to post the recipe because I didn't like it all that much, but I think that had to do with the beer, coffee and cocoa powder it called for rather than the extra beans. I love beans. :laugh:
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast and canned tuna are two major ways I've upped my protein intake.
  • bindiya123
    Options
    Hii, infact mee too u9 in india use to have chapati means lots of carbs

please help me guys how i can intake lots of protein

thank u