Check my diary please :)

Options
Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone would be willing to look through my diary for the last week or so?

I'm doing well, feel great! But just want some reassurance as I want to lose 2lbs a week and this week I'll be lagging behind my goal by 1lb. I know that's nothing major, but any tips would be great.

I'm set to sedentary and I eat my exercise calories back (I use a HRM for calories burned).
I'm female.
5ft 6.5"
Weight, 258 lbs.

I have a feeling it's because I've started exercising a lot in the last 2 weeks, but any help would be great.

Replies

• loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Just taking a very small peek (I am at work) my suggestion would be to up the protein and if you are not already, incorporate strength training also..it will help you when you get closer to your goal. I am sure some other MFP'ers can chime in also...good luck! :)
  • Woodster83
    Woodster83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Okay great! Thanks for the tip!

I had it set to the MFP standard but had a look around today and changed it to;

40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein, so maybe that will help?
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Very good! Sugar is a little high. If you like veggies, you may try getting a veggie tray and some hummus. Subbing in a veggie snack with hummus, where you have been having fruit or desert, should reduce your sugar and increase protein. Your sodium is also a little high. If this isn't a big deal to you don't worry, but if you want to reduce it, start comparing the sodium content on nutrition labels when you buy pre-made foods. I never notice a difference in taste when I do this.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    If your goal is weight loss, it looks solid. Great job!

The best advice I can give is keep up the good work!

:drinker:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    my only suggestions would be yes to up the protien...start lifting and weigh your food...buy a digital food scale and weigh all solids and use measuring cups/spoons for liquids.
  • Woodster83
    Woodster83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I noticed the sodium too, the funny thing is that I was struggling to eat even half my sodium allowance but since exercising I am eating more sodium rich foods, so I shall try and cut that back.

I don't do any resistance training, so I will dig the weights out from under the bed.

Protein, yes that should be okay, I'll buy more chicken and swap my fruit and yoghurt for hummus and veggies (good idea!).

I do weight every last bit of food on a scale, even all salad ingredients.

Thanks for the help guys!