I'm new

Options
kaymd
kaymd Posts: 470 Member
Hi I'm new to this website and I believe this will help me keep focused and on track. I have a lot of weight to lose and I have been putting it off for too long. I need all the support I can get because my husband works over the road and we moved to an area 2 years ago where I don't know a single soul to give me the support I need. I'm not a member to any gym so I will also need lots of ideas for exercises I can do at home. I also love different recipe ideas to try. I have three kids, two of which are at school all day and a three year old daughter at home. They need me to be around for a long time :-)

Replies

• platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    You've come to the right place... lots of information and tons of awesome people to cheer you on! Welcome! :-)
  • randilea
    Options
    Well you definitely came to the right place. You can add me as a friend if you would like....can never have too much support! Good luck on your journey!!
  • BreeZeeMomma
    BreeZeeMomma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new, too. I have a friend who just hit 40lbs lost by using MFP, so I am MOTIVATED !! Good luck to you in your journey!!
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've been here a few weeks and I'm loving it! It is great for keeping up with what you eat daily and for support!! You can do this! I have three kids too and I know how hard it can be to focus on yourself when you are pulled in so many directions all day! Feel free to add me for support! :flowerforyou:
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    this place is great. lots of great advise and friendly supportive faces :) add me if you want! i'm always up for new friends! :D
  • gmattach
    Options
    Hi! I have had the most success from this site. It really helps me to plan my meals when I can check the calories before hand. I really do plan my meals using this site! Sometimes it's the motivation I need to not add cheese or too much of it to the food I am eating. I've learned a lot about choices. I have 2 children who are picky eaters and I use my crockpot 2-3 times per week. Knowing that I have dinner started prevents me from stopping and grabbing fast food on my way home from work. Check the exercise database for exercises. I usually get on my treadmill (purchased cheaply from Kmart 2 years ago), I've recently started riding my teenager's bike around the neighborhood and I have been known to jog in place in front of the tv for 30 minutes. Whatever works. You are welcome to add me as a friend. My name is Gina and I moved to a new city about 5 months ago and I haven't made any new friends here yet.