Tomorrow is my big splurge

WarmDontBurn
WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Today is my birthday!! I have planned a big dinner out for tomorrow night, I have had this thing planned for a month and swore I would not weigh or worry about it. I have gotten so use to weighing everything and counting it just doesn't seem right...lol.

So since I have NO idea how much I will actually cosume I do know what I will be eating. I have plugged in the generic food items and overestimated a few just to be safe ;) I am about -600 calories so if I get in 2 workouts before dinner it should even out tomorrow.

I am just nervous....is that too funny! I am totally dedicated to this new lifestyle and it just feels weird to have a planned stray day. I mean I have had days where I have been over and not freaked but this has been planned so it feels like a bigger deal.

What are some good ways to burn 500+ calories.

Replies

• ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Happy Birthday!
    Do you have a bicycle? I burn around 200 calories for every 15 minutes I spend riding. :)
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Happy Birthday and Good Luck..............

I hope that your planned cheat doesn't send you into a tail spin of cheating...................it does that to many of us.
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    yes riding bike is fun, and burns alot of calories. and you can do it as a family. Which doesn't even feel like a work out then.
  • first: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

have you tried step ups? just like five minutes of them burns a ton of calories. its nuts. and if you weigh more then i do you're gonna burn more, and i already burn a ton doing step ups. the only thing is your legs get sore. :/ so there's that. but they're fun with the right music! :D
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Happy birthday, and belive it or not, going crazy eating now and then is actually helps in loosing weight. It one of the ways you let your body know there tons of food and no need to go in stravation mode.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Tomorrow is my birthday, too (happy birthday, btw). I planned out what I was going to eat a few weeks ago. All my favorite things. I still logged it, and plan to go to gym with hubs (he's taking day off, aww). Don't care if I'm ahead of the curve or not after done with gym. It's our day, don't worry about it. Splurging once in a while is actually good for the ol' metabolism. It confuses the @#^%^ out of it, lol.
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY~

Do you belong to a gym? You can burn 500 calories easy in 1 cycle class or an 1 hour Zumba class. Good luck with your work out and enjoy your birthday dinner!
  • WarmDontBurn
    Happy Birthday and Good Luck..............

I hope that your planned cheat doesn't send you into a tail spin of cheating...................it does that to many of us.

Thanks all :)

I would LOVE to get a bike but haven't yet. I am trying to talk hubby into getting one for each of us and a trailer for the youngest :)

My planned cheat is a special occasion and I know that.

In the past I would have let it get out of control for sure but this time is different. I have lost 28lbs since March but have lost 22 of that since joing MFP in May. I am totally focused and since I have not met my goal yet I still have work to do. I think if I let it all go without exercise it may be an issue but I am determined that although it is a cheat day at the end of the day I still want it to balance out and not be in the red! My determination is stronger then my constant need to splurge. I know I can do it. I know it works and I know my journey isn't over yet. I have family pictures next month and for that I will be closer to my goal. Technically I am 2lbs away from my "Weight I will be happy with" and from there still want to achieve my ultimate goal.

I am going to try step ups though! Maybe a little Just Dance too ;)
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Happy Birthday. Sense you asked I will get a little opinionated here, if your calories goals are set at 1lbs a week or greater, I say just enjoy the night. 500 calories will probably put you at a maintenance level intake. So no harm done. Enjoy.

I hope you find an answer that works for you and enjoy your night out.
  • WarmDontBurn
    Arrggg my daughter is home sick today ... again. Poor girl cannot catch a break! My dinner looks like it may get cancelled anyway so that sucks but maybe better off in the long run.
This discussion has been closed.