comfort food-type meals

Options
2»

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    What I had last night was pretty good, and it was mostly meat and potatoes. It came from the New Dieter's Cookboook from Better Homes and Gardens.

Basically I broiled a lean cut steak (I used sirloin, about 6 ounces for me, but you can cut it down if you need less than that) seasoned with thyme and pepper. I also cut up some red potatoes and baby carrots and brought them to a boil in low sodium beef broth, a teeny bit of brown sugar for taste, and thyme. It took about 40 minutes total from start to finish, and the whole meal per serving adds up to about 425 calories or so. For your dad, just cook a larger steak and use bigger portions of the potatoes and carrots. :)
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    What I had last night was pretty good, and it was mostly meat and potatoes. It came from the New Dieter's Cookboook from Better Homes and Gardens.

Basically I broiled a lean cut steak (I used sirloin, about 6 ounces for me, but you can cut it down if you need less than that) seasoned with thyme and pepper. I also cut up some red potatoes and baby carrots and brought them to a boil in low sodium beef broth, a teeny bit of brown sugar for taste, and thyme. It took about 40 minutes total from start to finish, and the whole meal per serving adds up to about 425 calories or so. For your dad, just cook a larger steak and use bigger portions of the potatoes and carrots. :)

Mmmm, sounds absolutely delicious! Thanks!