FITBIT

Options
So I just got my fitbit in the mail, today is my first day with it and I have 6358 steps recorded so far.. pretty sure I will hit 10,000 no prolems. Anyone out there use a FITBIT, have any suggestions??? do you love it?? do you hate it??

Replies

• adrake611
    adrake611 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I fall somewhere in the middle of love and hate. It's annoying for me to have something on my wrist all the time but I'm starting to get used to it. I wore it in the shower once but never again because water gets trapped inside the band and it took me forever to dry out. I wear it on my non-dominant wrist but have it set to dominant because I found mine was picking up arm movements as steps. I do a lot with my arms without walking and a lot of walking without moving my arms at work. It really keeps me accountable though. I do like that it keeps track of my sleep though. I spend a lot less time sleeping soundly than I thought.
  • NattieRose80
    NattieRose80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to arrive on Tuesday next week and I am SOOO Excited to get it. Friend me if you would like I would love to have support from other users as well as be a support to other users and MFP peeps. Also Great tip about not showering with it. Nothing worse than something wet on your person when you are now dry :)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

Do not log step-based activity. Log non-step workouts either in Fitbit or in MFP. I think Fitbit's burns are more accurate, but you'll have to find what works best for you.

When you set up your MFP account, you specified an activity level: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided MFP used your answer, plus your age, sex & height, to estimate how many calories you burn every day (not including exercise). Then you set your weight-loss goal, and MFP subtracted the appropriate deficit to calculate your daily calorie goal.

Once you link an activity tracker to your MFP account (via the "Apps" tab at the top of every page), you start getting calorie adjustments. If your tracker says you burned more calories than MFP estimated, you get a positive adjustment (meaning more calories to eat). If you enable negative calorie adjustments and you burn less than the MFP estimate, you will lose calories. (But negative calorie adjustments will never drop your daily calories below 1,200.)
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One!

Get some Fitbit friends and let the competition begin!

Is it fun to see how many steps people actual are doing. I try and do at least 6 miles a day. I sit at work all day so I make an effort to get out and walk in the mornings, at lunch and afterwork, weekends are my hit or miss times, but I have also gotten up and gone for walk in the late afternoons on weekends after sitting around all day more than likely because of my Fitbit!

For me it is all about being active!
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have the polar loop which is the same as the fit bit. I only take it off to shower and charge. on run days i clock around 22K steps. but really I use my polar ft7 heart rate monitor more for tracking exercise.