Measuring Inches

Options
I have always been a LBS girl.. I weight myself everyday.. I know I know, they say you shouldn't do that. It motivates me and I know I will go up and down a little and thats okay. However, this time around I have been doing some weight training as well as cardo, I get that I might not lose as fast as I would like to. So I took my measurements.

Those of you who do measurements I have a couple questions.

1) What do you track waist, legs, arms, hips, bust??
2) How often do you measure?
3) How long was it before you noticed a difference in your measurements?

any other suggestions to keep motivated by measurement and not lbs.

Replies

• Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I normally do biceps, chest, hips(around the naval), and thighs. You could do waist too. I checked once a month and you should have something to notice after 2 weeks if you are losing body fat. Weight may not change, but if doing an exercise routine you could be gaining muscle and losing body fat.
  • sailindani
    sailindani Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    THank you... I thought I notice a differnce and its been about 2 weeks... but I didnt believe it lol... :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I measure my chest (around the biggest area), chest (bra band or under the girls), my natural waist where you bend, my waist at my belly button and my hips and thighs.

While doing 30DS I measured every 10 days and had lost inches.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I do: chest (bra band), bust (fullest part of the breast), arms (fullest part of bicep), waist (natural slimmest part), midway (belly button), hips, thighs and calves.

It's been about 2 weeks since my first measurement, and when I measured this morning, I lost an inch in several of the lower body areas (hips, thighs and midway I believe). I was surprised, not only that it was that fast, but that it was that localized as well, considering I'm closer to an hourglass than a pear shape.