Going off sugar

Options
13»

Replies

• kjwillie
    kjwillie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Okay, so after reading all the replies, the OP is misleading. She says she's going of sugar, but she's not really going off sugar.

I said it's not sustainable because sugar is in virtually everything. Besides all the usual things you think of like cookies and candies, there's milk, honey, cream, fruit, and practically everything that comes in a jar, can, or box. If you really tried to cut out all sugar, I say good luck.

Not misleading you just didn't read the whole op statement.

Go on admit it - you're among friends ????

I read the whole thing. She said she was trying to eliminate sugar from her diet almost completely because of health issues. The subject of the thread is "Going off sugar." I interpreted her goal to mean that she has eliminated sugar almost completely, but plans on "going off sugar."

????

Not sure what you're saying here. All I see is a little square.

It's a friendly smile.

Ok, I'm sorry if I sounded misleading at all!! I guess I meant ADDED sugars. I want to try to stick to natural sugars as my body seems to react negatively to processed foods. That means milk, plain yogurt, fruit, the tiny amounts in cheese and veggies,etc. Whole foods. I'm looking at things like bread, pasta, dressing and sauces which all have hidden sugars in them and replacing them with healthier substitutes.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    It's not sustainable. Like, at all.

How is it not sustainable? People don't NEED sugar. It's not an essential nutrient. It should be eaten in moderation. However some people due to health reasons need to eliminate it from their diets.

X2
    Sugar is the one nutrient your body does need any of .

I never claimed for it to be needed. I believe the OP was asking an opinion on whether it was sustainable or not (something which is going to differ person to person), and I simply gave mine.