I'm just going to leave this here...

Options

Replies

• retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Unless this is a different article, the one I read didn't say what he did eat. They do have some items that are ok so I can see this is possible. He said he stuck to 2000 calories (I think) a day and did get in exercise, thus he followed the "golden rule" of eat less and move more. Guess to find out the particulars we have to buy his book...don't plan on doing that.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Yep, all he did was eat 2,000 calories/day of McDonalds and walk.
  • drkim86
    drkim86 Posts: 17
    Options
    Yeah you could eat literally only junk food but as long as you eat within your calorie limit you'll still lose weight. Obviously you don't want to do this. But when it comes to solely weight loss, calorie intake is key. I'm surprised so many don't know this- should be taught in school.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    losing weight does not equate to living a healthy lifestyle

being shredded does not mean you're healthy

i dont believe in clean and dirty foods, but, there is such a thing as micronutrient deficiencies and they can cause serious health issues. I could see eating solely McDs resulting in deficiencies.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

i dont believe in clean and dirty foods, but, there is such a thing as micronutrient deficiencies and they can cause serious health issues. I could see eating solely McDs resulting in deficiencies.
    Totally, a diet of ground beef, chicken, fish, vegetables, fruit, bread and eggs is reallllllly deficient.
    dave-chappelle.jpg
  • astronomicals
    Options

Totally, a diet of ground beef, chicken, fish, vegetables, fruit, bread and eggs is reallllllly deficient.

You're assuming that a person eats a well balanced diet at McD's when a realistic assumption is the opposite. Why is that realistic? Because it's generally true. Thus, the typical diet at McDonalds would be deficient in essential nutrients.

dave-chappelle.jpg

ETA:
    Oh, but I'm sure you always order a salad and a fruit cup to go along with your burger. I mean, who doesn't?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

You're assuming that a person eats a well balanced diet at McD's when a realistic assumption is the opposite. Why is that realistic? Because it's generally true. Thus, the typical diet at McDonalds would be deficient in essential nutrients.

dave-chappelle.jpg
    So if you make a cheesburger at home its not deficient, but if a fast food chain makes it it suddenly becomes deficient?
  • astronomicals
    Options
    So if you make a cheesburger at home its not deficient, but if a fast food chain makes it it suddenly becomes deficient?

Sifting through your sarcasm, there is some validity. Plenty of people shop at Whole Foods and Trader Joes and still formulate deficient diets. But, you're just digressing, using hypotheticals, and putting words in my mouth.

ETA: A cheeseburger in and of itself is not deficient. It provides things you require. By that definition, fruit would be deficient for its lack of protein and fat (amongst other things).