Wrong shoes???

kimi233
kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi there, I am wondering if I'm wearing the wrong shoes for doing Turbo Fire on carpet. I've noticed my right knee has been sore for a few weeks, and I thought maybe I just twisted wrong or something. So I got to thinking about it, and I'm wearing running shoes, and they have thick grooves on the bottom for traction and I'm thinking that maybe its gripping the floor and not letting me do the twists that I need to. I started doing it with NO shoes, but I know I'm not jumping as high because I'm scared of hurting my ankles.... I went last night at Kohl's (I had the 30% off coupon) and they really didn't have any different type of shoe other than running. Is there a better choice out there that I should be looking for??

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I personally use Nike Shox for everything. They are pretty good cross trainers that have never caused me any issues, and I have used them for running, P90X, Insanity, Turbo Kick (I am an instructor...lots of fun!), and lots of other things.

Pure running shoes don't do a lot of good for activities where you typically stay in or around the same area. Turbo Fire is basically like Turbo Kick and Insanity combined...and even though you move, you aren't continuously moving in a forward motion.

Changing your shoes might help out. Also remember that when you have an injury to your ankles, knees, etc. that you would do best to rest a few days so that you don't agitate it even more.
This discussion has been closed.