any female have this problem?

fiftyandfit
fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Sorry to exclude you guys, but don't think you can relate!

Had a partial hysterectomy 3 months ago. Watching the cals and working out, but packing on the pounds!
Anyone else out there who's had the same issue and found a solution?

Replies

• wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Can you open up your diary? Have you been able to exercise since your surgery? Has your doctor checked your thyroid?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I haven't had a problem quite like that one, but I had noticed that there was a big difference when I started to take my birth control pills. While the pills weren't causing me to gain weight, they were making it more difficult for me to lose weight. I really had to tighten up my nutrition and make sure that I wasn't missing a workout. Female hormones are the worst sometimes...but I would definitely ask your doctor about this to make sure that there isn't something else going on there.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Read up on the wonderful world of peri menopaus. You seem to get the double whammy, surgical as well as age related. There are pills you can take, there are supliments you can take, a whole host of different things to try. In the end it will be by trial and error what works best for you and your health. There are a multitude of studies done, doctors reports, naturopath, homeopathic, and just plain silly information out there. Sort through it and find something that fits you. Every woman will go through it differently and at different speeds. I have been experiencing peri for nearly 10 years. You are not considered menopausal until you have gone without a period for 12 months. All I can say is good luck.
This discussion has been closed.