How do you know if you are doing enough?

hi all. Ive been at this new 'lifestyle change' for about a month.
I try to get at least 30 min of exercise in per day, with the occasional day off or two.
Some of those days i actually swim for an hour.
According to the 'reports' section, after the month with that basic routine I get an average of 250 calories burned daily, with the actual numbers being more like 250 one day, 600 the next and none on the third day, repeat.
Is this working for or against me? should i be more consistent daily? is this enough in total?

What do you all aim to burn each day to keep losing?

I am very bad at exercise, and motivating to get up and do it. This amount is alot for me, but ive only lost 4 lbs this month. I'm sticking to the diet part like glue, so the exercise is the only variable. Do i need to improve my efforts or am i being impatient?

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    hi all. Ive been at this new 'lifestyle change' for about a month.
    I try to get at least 30 min of exercise in per day, with the occasional day off or two.
    Some of those days i actually swim for an hour.
    According to the 'reports' section, after the month with that basic routine I get an average of 250 calories burned daily, with the actual numbers being more like 250 one day, 600 the next and none on the third day, repeat.
    Is this working for or against me? should i be more consistent daily? is this enough in total?

What do you all aim to burn each day to keep losing?

I am very bad at exercise, and motivating to get up and do it. This amount is alot for me, but ive only lost 4 lbs this month. I'm sticking to the diet part like glue, so the exercise is the only variable. Do i need to improve my efforts or am i being impatient?
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    You are doing everything right. HEALTHY weight loss is 1-2 lbs a week. So 4 lbs in one month is healthy. Make sure you log your calories to be sure you stay in the limits of what you need to eat to loose the desired amount. But if you continue to loose 4 lbs a month, you are rockin' it girl! Nothing happens overnight. You could also put in some defining excercises. Like at least 15 mintues of abs every night. You don't appear in your pic to be needing to loose much at all :smile:
    So adding some strength and conditioning with your cardio/swim would probably help you reduce inches and tone in addition to what you are already SUCCESSFULLY doing.