Nordic track calorie watch

Options
I just bought a Nordic track calorie counter watch. It comes with the heart rate monitor that goes around below my breast.
I'm confused .... When I'm doing Aerobics it says I burnt 444 calories in a 30 minute session. but MPF says something like 250 or so.. Should i go with what the heart rate says. it seems pretty high..

Thank you

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Nordic track calorie counter watch. It comes with the heart rate monitor that goes around below my breast.
    I'm confused .... When I'm doing Aerobics it says I burnt 444 calories in a 30 minute session. but MPF says something like 250 or so.. Should i go with what the heart rate says. it seems pretty high..

Thank you
    Maybe your heart rate monitor is not properly calculated. Also, heart rate monitors work better with steady state cardio. I would say 444 calories for 30 minutes is pretty much off because aerobic exercise does not generally burn a lot.

I don't want to sound negative, but Norditack is notorious for selling products that are not what they seem to be. For example, a few weeks ago at at a gym I'd never been to I used the Norditack treadmill and it said I burned 400 calories for a 30 minute walk, but my heart rate monitor rendered approximately 150 calorie, if even that. They make big promised with their products.
  • MrsMohawk
    MrsMohawk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that also.. Too bad I spent over $50 for something that don't give the correct burn. I did put in my information in the watch.