What rewards do you give youself??

Options
I want to start rewarding myself for all the hard work I do....how many lbs do you give your self a reward and what are some of your rewards?

Replies

• trgobble
    trgobble Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I reward myself daily. :P If I'm at least 150 calories under my goal, I'll drink Mountain Dew (my faaaaaaaaaave) or eat a little ice cream.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    At my initial weight loss for ever 5 lbs I got a pedicure but now that I am at over 50 lbs loss I buy myself a new pair of jeans every 10lbs. I don't think there is anything better then a nice pair of good fitting jeans so it drives me nuts to wear baggy bottoms.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    I have alot to loose so for every 20 lb I give myself a reward here are some of my rewards. a pedicure, new haircut, a new outfit, a daytrip, a mini vacation
  • tiptoe6
    tiptoe6 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    After 10 pounds, I got a rib tattoo. I just lost 20, so I haven't decided on a reward just yet. Soon though! I have to think of more for my 30th, and my 40th! Maybe even make a note to have rewards in increments of 5 lbs after this 20!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    My goals have been a percentage of weight loss. So I bought some nice clothes after I lost 10% of my body weight. I am about 6 pounds from my second goal of 20% of original weight lost, so my reward is already picked out. I am getting myself a camel pack for my running! Not sure about any rewards beyond that.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I plan to give myself a reward every 10lbs, with a couple of big things when I'm all finished.
    At 10lbs losts, I bought myself a new lipstick and eyeshadow.
    At 20lbs, I'm buying fancy new measuring spoons. (I had a set but they broke a couple of weeks ago)

Not sure what I will do for 30, but I enjoy planning something little while I'm exercising.

I suspect some new clothes are going to be in my future too, although I'm trying to hold out till 50lbs before doing that.
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I set a few for myself.

170 lb - new shirt ($14)
    160 lb - $50 spending spree at Schular's
    150 lb or lower (new Ipod 4) I've got to save up for this one so it might take me longer then it will take to lose weight but they finally came out with a ipod with a camera on it. yay!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    After 10 pounds, I got a rib tattoo. I just lost 20, so I haven't decided on a reward just yet. Soon though! I have to think of more for my 30th, and my 40th! Maybe even make a note to have rewards in increments of 5 lbs after this 20!

I have been thinking about getting a small tattoo for every 10lbs I lose. What did you get?
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good question! I haven't really done any rewards yet, I should plan something really good when I get to 25 lbs lost. I think pedicures are a great idea! I need to get some new (thrift shop) clothes but I have been doing that all along since I love to hit up the thrift shop, but another trip is needed soon. I want to get another tattoo, that sounds like something really good to do when I get to goal, it will be a constant reminder to stick with my good habits and not let things get out of control again.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    When i actually get to my goal weight (which i havent really decided what that is yet) im going to a tattoo on my ribs as well. I've always wanted on, and now hopefully ill have a semi-decent looking body to pull it off.