Weight Loss Newbie :)

Options
Ello Ello...

My name is Abz (Short for Abigail), I am 20 years old, about to hit 21 in may. I'm about 280 pounds, and want to reach the goal of 160 pounds. I'm giving myself a year to do this, but setting mini goals in between. For example...Drop 2 dress sizes before may, which I am well on my way to doing so. I've already dropped 1 dress size in a space of a month.

For the last month, I've been cutting down on what I eat, less junk food, no fizzy drinks, mainly water/ lemon water, more veggies and fruits. I've also been the most active, I've ever been. Now I try and attend the gym at least 3 times a week but my average rate is 4 times a week.

The reason why I started this weight loss journey, or should I say why I'm sticking to it, is because my mum is classed as obese as well, but she's been having problems with her heart. She is probably about 300 pounds. I started this because I wanted to encourage her, and be there for her, because I know it's hard doing something like this by yourself.

Only problem is, I'm more motivated and dedicated. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still there for her, take her gym with me whenever she can come, wake her up 7-8am to do some shaun t exercises. But I just need a better support system for myself. I encourage her but don't really have anyone to encourage me....so that led me here.

So I'm hoping I will be able to make friends, that are on a similar journey, and that we can encourage each other.

So add me :)

Replies

• missvincent23
    missvincent23 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    good luck! i was 248 im now 210 now. ive been doing it almost a year its hard for me to loose weight as i have M.E it is do able! i want to loose 80lbs altogether :)