Women who lift !!

Options
2»

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    One problem I do have is confidence in doing dead lifts and squats using a barbell due to a previous back and knee injury.
    Could iuse dumbells instead or will it not be as great?

This is why I do hack squats because I feel safer Incase I have to stop.

I have old knee injuries and a bad back due to mild scoliosis and a spinal injury. These exercises have actually been helpful in improving my strength in these injured areas. You have to find the right balance between lifting heavy enough to tear some muscle (for growth) and not too heavy to reinjure yourself. I stalled on my back squats because it got to the point where my spine couldn't handle the compression so I switched to front squats and so far so good. Slowly increase your weight and listen to your body and you will be fine.
  • charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am using NROL4W and I LOVE it.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Btw, I've done Stronglifts 5x5 and now I am doing All Pro's SBR and love both programs!
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I love women that lift and lift heavy! Yall rock!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Plus I have no spotter and train on my own.

irrelevant.

I never lift with anyone.- most people lift alone

Learn how to set equipment up properly- learn how to fail a lift safely and you'll be fine.

This. I work out at home, by myself. I don't attempt PRs, if I feel like I could get one more rep, but it'd be iffy, I don't do it. My husband, who is a dedicated lifter and has been for years, has checked my form and taught me how to fail a lift. Maybe I could push harder at the gym with a spot, and I do on the rare occasion I get to go, but I'm still putting in a good effort.