Just can't do eggs! Anyone have any breakfast ideas?

Options
So I know there are others out there who absolutely love eggs. Not this guy. The taste, texture, and sometimes even the sight of them make me gag. I can tolerate them if it's an omelet loaded with toppings to mask the flavor but even that's pushing it. I can only eat it at most twice a week. Which is depressing because I WANT to like eggs. They are packed with the nutrients, and amino acids I need to preserve muscle as I lose weight. I've just come to the conclusion to just remove them entirely out of my diet. I mean I suppose if an egg was used as an ingredient for something (like a binding substance) I could eat it. I could make protein pancakes but not sure how to make them. I usually eat oatmeal, and fruit for breakfast but they are no significant sources of protein. I need that protein. Lol. So if anyone has breakfast ideas please share. I pretty much like anything BUT eggs.

Replies

• Turkey Bacon, Extra Lean Turkey Burger, Turkey sandwich, Turkey Sausage...:bigsmile:
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is a great breakfast.What I do to boost the protein is add some protein powder, PB, or cottage cheese to the oatmeal as it is cooking. Add a side of bacon or other breakfast meat to go with it if you need more protein.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, oats, berries and honey is quite nice and not too shoddy on protein depending on the amount of cottage cheese ( you could do this with Greek yoghurt too ).

Protein pancakes are easy - 2 eggs and a scoop of protein powder (I prefer them with casein).
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats, plain greek yogurt and I add some fruit to it and sprinkle with just a little stevia. Whole grain bread with some PB on it. Or I drank a Shakeology. But those are my top breakfasts I do.
  • 1948sixty
    1948sixty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    When I have oatmeal, I cook it in almond milk instead of water, and add chopped walnuts and top with a greek yogurt instead of adding additional milk when serving it. I'm also not an egg eater for the mornings...weird, but I like them occasionally as a dinner but definitely not in the AM. As an alternative to oatmeal, I also fix a high protein smoothie: almond milk, greek yogurt, whey protein powder, frozen blueberries, chopped kale and for an added protein kick...silken tofu.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Yogurt & oatmeal (porridge) have already been mentioned, but I often eat leftovers for breakfast. "Breakfast for dinner" is a thing, so why not the opposite?
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Me? Protien shakes & bars are my go to breakfasts. You might try egg beaters. I doctor mine up with vegies ( I taste more vegies than egg.) put it on top of half an english muffin . Egg beaters do not have the real egg taste, plus you do not have to look at the yolk and slimy white.
    :drinker:
  • mnapier3
    mnapier3 Posts: 30
    Options
    Oats, you can even add protein powder or flaxseed, I mean really your options are endless with oatmeal. Turkey sausage is a good fit. I think it would help if you didn't think of it soley as "breakfast" but as another meal to fuel your body. Just because it's breakfast doesn't mean it has to be that...I've seen people eat chicken and little bit of yams for the start of the day.

Think outside the box, it might do you well!
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of smoothies for breakfast - they're fast and you can have them on the go. For example, banana, peanut butter, protein powder, milk and a few ice cubes blended together, which has a nice balance of protein and carbs
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I dislike the taste of eggs too. They make me gag as well. I am glad to know I am not the only one.

There are a lot of different things you can try. Cereal with fruit, oatmeal, english muffin with peanut butter, waffles, pancakes, yogurt.
  • giblerj27
    giblerj27 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you so much for the idea's everyone. I do love me some Greek yogurt for sure. Not so much cottage cheese, but better than eggs. Turkey sausage sounds good too. I've also been using protein powder for breakfast along with my oat meal (plain quick oats), and fruit. I just prefer whole foods though. Nuts would be a great addition. Once again thank you all! Keep them coming please!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Steak!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    A toasted turkey bacon (2 slices), tomato and cheese (only need about 1/2 and ounce) sandwich (use multi grain or whole wheat).

You can buy instant oatmeal with added protein and have some fresh fruit with it

Greek yogurt (there are some awesome flavors available if you don't like it plain)
  • MeFit004
    MeFit004 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Optional to cook 1 egg beater or egg white as you would an omelet without the milk.Get a fajita. Lift cooked "egg" over fajita so it is a thin layer place on top of this 1 cup of cut up fruit and fold like a burrito. OR just fill fajita with fruit and cheese fold up and eat as a burrito.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs too. I usually have toast and protein pancakes for breakfast. Alternately I might have greek yogurt and fruit, or a scone with some turkey sausage (not because the pork kind is bad, just because I prefer turkey)

Here's the protein pancake recipe I use. They're really pretty good:

6 oz plain nonfat greek yogurt
    27 grams protein powder (2/3 scoop)
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 egg white

Combine and cook on a hot griddle. Usually makes about 6 pancakes-- don't make them too large or they won't cook all the way through. 329 calories, 44 grams protein.
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I usually eat greek yogurt with fruit for breakfast.
  • CABasile
    CABasile Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Look in the spice section of your store for "Greek seasoning." It is wonderful! My kids don't like the way my husband makes scrambled eggs, but they love the way I make them, because I add Greek seasoning. Adds a delicious flavor to the eggs! Actually, I use it on many foods to enhance their flavors -- veggies, meats, etc.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal for breakfast! I just buy the quick oats, 1/2 cup with some protein powder, 1/2 cup of almond milk and 1/2 cup of water, throw in a banana and mush it up while it's cooking. Then the fun part - the mix ins! Some days I'll add in pumpkin puree with the oats while its cooking and top with walnuts, raisins, and some vanilla greek yogurt. Other days, strawberries, blueberries, with a dollop of crunch PB and raisins! Yummm.

Protein shakes are good too! If you find the right protein powder, they can be very nutritious and filling.

Protein pancakes as someone else mentioned - 1/4 cup of flour, half scoop of protein powder, 1/4 cup egg white (you won't taste it!), half a banana, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp baking soda, then add in whatever you want (blueberries, strawberries, etc.) or just top it off with anything! I find with protein pancakes you have to let the burner heat up very hot before putting them on, and small sizes.

Other ideas: cottage cheese (If you like it), greek yogurt with fruit, there are overnight oat recipes, have a different texture but I love it. Also google 'breakfast cookie' by fitnessista.