Increasing protein in oatmeal

Options
2»

Replies

• katt981
    katt981 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I add protein powder sometimes (chocolate LOL) or I'll add egg whites some times too. They both are yummy!
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Sounds crazy but I love cottage cheese in oatmeal. Yum! Adds protein and creaminess.

I frequently do that...can't taste the cottage cheese at all but it does give it a nice texture.
    I also add vanilla protein powder or PB2. When using protein powder, I find it comes out better if I mix the powder with water or almond milk first, then cook the oatmeal in that instead of water. I love oatmeal.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I usually add protein powder to my oatmeal. I used to always add chocolate and some PB2 which was amazing then I ordered Cinnabon flavored protein powder and it is a win....tastes amazing!!!
    Who makes Cinnabon flavored protein powder? Would love to try that!
  • sjbtiger
    sjbtiger Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's input. I've started weightlifting and need more protein for muscle recovery. I went to the health food store tonight to get flaxseed, but after talking with the staff and comparing, I actually got hemp powder.
  • sjbtiger
    sjbtiger Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I already make it with milk, but I will give cottage cheese and egg whites a try. Never would have thought of that!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I add greek yogurt and chocolate protein powder to my steel cut oats. :drinker: