Then- 2009 now- 2014,

Options
ofccat
ofccat Posts: 284 Member
In August 2009 I was at my heaviest and not very happy. I was depressed and not someone you would have wanted to be around. I finally realized I needed to do something and began my journey, I started with the couch to 5K and ChaLean Extreme. I had always been a member of the Y so started going again and swimming and doing classes there and just finished the 21 Day Fix. Slowly but surely I began losing weight and becoming a happier, more self confident person and thus becoming a better person to myself, a better wife, mom, friend, sister, daughter, etc. Fast forward to 2014. I have overall lost 62 pounds (I started MFP after losing some weight) and am healthier than ever,. I now teach fitness classes, and am a health coach. It took hard work, support of family, friends and on line community to reach where I am now,. It has taken hard work, fitness and nutrition to accomplish my goals. It did not happen over night and has been worth the journey- which I will always be on. I have had set backs but have found reasons and not excuses to continue on,
I hope this can inspire others to not quit or let excuses block your path but find reasons to make it happen. My reasons were not just my health but my family and my self confidence,.

33e7o8g.png

Replies

• sumokitty3
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look amazing!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    In August 2009 I was at my heaviest and not very happy. I was depressed and not someone you would have wanted to be around. I finally realized I needed to do something and began my journey, I started with the couch to 5K and ChaLean Extreme. I had always been a member of the Y so started going again and swimming and doing classes there and just finished the 21 Day Fix. Slowly but surely I began losing weight and becoming a happier, more self confident person and thus becoming a better person to myself, a better wife, mom, friend, sister, daughter, etc. Fast forward to 2014. I have overall lost 62 pounds (I started MFP after losing some weight) and am healthier than ever,. I now teach fitness classes, and am a health coach. It took hard work, support of family, friends and on line community to reach where I am now,. It has taken hard work, fitness and nutrition to accomplish my goals. It did not happen over night and has been worth the journey- which I will always be on. I have had set backs but have found reasons and not excuses to continue on,
    I hope this can inspire others to not quit or let excuses block your path but find reasons to make it happen. My reasons were not just my health but my family and my self confidence,.

33e7o8g.png

wow !! incredible progress !
  • PolacaFL
    PolacaFL Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :)
  • dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • pelswick74
    pelswick74 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're amazing and so inspirational! Thanks for sharing your story!!!

Pier :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!