Over in my protein and fiber

Options
Hi All -

I have noticed with my food tracking I am usually in the red zone with just my Protein and Fiber. MFP doesn't "yell" at me like I have seen some people write, but never witness.

Thoughts???

Replies

• DwightJenkins
    DwightJenkins Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi All -

I have noticed with my food tracking I am usually in the red zone with just my Protein and Fiber. MFP doesn't "yell" at me like I have seen some people write, but never witness.

Thoughts???
    I'm no nutritionist, but I consider those 'good' overages... sodium, carbs, and fat bad, fiber and protein good.. too much of anything is not good, but a few points or so, I'd rather be over on those than the others.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I would say going over your protien and fiber is one things not to worry about going over. I think the site has the settings for protien and fiber se to low. I say 80-100 g of protien at the least and fiber for women 25-35 g. So I would not worry
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that MVP tracks a very low Fiber count - the average human needs 28g of Fiber a day so no worries on going over. Although there is an amount that is too much Fiber, I doubt you are hitting that.

Protein is good as well! I would not worry about going over.. it helps build your muscle.

Great job on the weight loss, You look great!
  • seachelle
    seachelle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would agree on the protein and fiber as well! Most people fall way short on both accounts!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Protein and fiber can reduce the ill effects of sugar if you go over on your carbs, so it's all good. :)
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    Ditto what everyone has said and... if you don't like seeing the red you can adjust your target for those two goals.
  • pugziepooh
    Options
    Wow 200 lbs that is AWESOME....
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the only one that will tell you to be careful on going over on protein, only because I have to limit my protein due to kidney stones. But as long as you are drinking enough water each day, I drink 2 - 3 liters, it shouldn't be bad unless you are prone to kidney stones. I'm not aware of how too much fiber could be a problem, other than possibly in the bathroom. :wink: