Hello!

Options
Good day everyone! I'm a 20 year old female in northeastern Ohio, trying to better myself a little.

I have some pretty modest weight loss goals...but the most important thing to me is to really look at what I eat and how often I excersize. I need to get this body moving! I'm already loving this website...keeping track of my meals on paper was haphazard at best.

Best of luck to everyone with thier fitness goals!

-C

Replies

• cshindman
    Options
    Good day everyone! I'm a 20 year old female in northeastern Ohio, trying to better myself a little.

I have some pretty modest weight loss goals...but the most important thing to me is to really look at what I eat and how often I excersize. I need to get this body moving! I'm already loving this website...keeping track of my meals on paper was haphazard at best.

Best of luck to everyone with thier fitness goals!

-C
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Welcome! You are on the right track! Best of luck to you!
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll like it here.
  • cardgrl
    cardgrl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome and thanks for joining!
  • spinach
    Options
    Hello I am spinach ,I live in the UK

all cars are Evil ....they make you lazy and fat.

What hurts more than having your finger nail sewn back on ?
    your kids telling you your ugly and fat ! and you know that they are right (at least the fat part)
    I know, cos I am that ugly fat man .
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Mr./ Ms. Spinach:

I'm so sad for you! My heart broke when you posted that your kids called you ugly and fat. I am sure all of us here have felt that way; and I had an adult co-worker call me a "fat a _ _ " (rear-end). It happened about eight years ago and it still stings. And to my chagrin, I fired back a mean comment. I feel bad about that too.

Kids say mean things to each other and their parents. They haven't learned that there is an "edit button" they need to use when speaking to others!

I'm sure your kids have no idea that they hurt your feelings. I think you should tell them. They need to learn that hurting people's feelings isn't ok.

You are in a very good place for people who will really support you - and MyFitnessPal makes tracking your progress SO easy.

Please stay with us and log your food and exercise. In no time you will see a change - AND you will feel so much better - honest - not just because you lose weight, but because you will be healthier and fueling your body with good food.

~Cheryl

(Okay, I'm trying not to post for a couple days - but I am ADDICTED to MFP, and there is ice cream in the freezer.)
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Spinach,
    I agree with Cheryl. You should say something to your kids about hurt feelings. This is a very positive site and I think you will like it here. Just stick with it, be honest, and stay connected with us!

Good Luck!

Why aren't you posting for a few days Cheryl???? stay away from the ICE CREAM, or atleast eat in moderation! I think a lot of us are addicted to this site:)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both of you we are glad you have joined us.

Spinach I certainly can relate I work at a school and kids often do not realize what words can do. But opening a conversation on how to treat those who may be different or have a hard time with weight is certainly a worthwhile thing to do. At some point they may be on the other side of those mean words wether it is meant to hurt or not. I hope you will find all the support and help you need here.

Eve