foods that keep me full longer?

Options
Hello i was wondering what foods can help me feel full longer and stay within my calorie goal. My diary is open so feel to tell me what changes i need to make as well.

Replies

• Daniel_Solis
    Options
    High fiber and protein foods! A few of my favorites are chia seeds (in pudding, smoothies, or just plain water), avocado, beans, and nuts like almonds and pistachios.

All of them are really great for your body too!
    I try to avoid fruits when I'm super hungry since they digest quickly and I just end up craving more carbs. Hope this helped.
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    High fiber and protein foods!
    This.

Of the 3 macro nutrients (protein/carbs/fats), protein is the most satiating for both long and short term. Fiber keeps you feeling full too.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'd have a tinker with your macros. Protein keeps you fuller longer than carbs will. Also fibre and fat.
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Lean protein and very low carbs. I used to love a carb-based diet but have found since starting high protein very low carb that I never get cravings for carbs or sugar or that weak dizzy feeling associated with low calories. Today I ran for an hour, walked for 2 hours and ate only 1,120 cals but really don't want anything more. That's because most of the calories were steak, eggs and salmon, with green veg to bulk them out, which has almost zero cals.

Yesterday I had a complex carbs day - over ate and felt hungry and shattered, despite no exercise because was in meetings all day.

Stock up on your favourite lean proteins: eggs, fish, chicken, turkey and lean red meat with lots of greens.
    Also I've found that when I feel hungry on this diet, it's a very different hunger. It's not a craving, must-eat-now feeling, but more a sort of pleasant hunger pang which allows you to quite happily wait for food to be cooked without any snacking.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    The meal that keeps me full the longest is chicken breast and steamed broccoli. Lots of protein in the chicken and fiber in the broccoli. I usually eat a cup or two of broccoli and I steam it in the microwave. Sometimes I'll also eat a roll or something like that too.