Another female heavy lifting NSV

Options
13»

Replies

• kanice13
    kanice13 Posts: 2
    Options
    Great results. I am googling that program now!
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am impressed, this is great! Congrats on your success :-)
  • _runbitchrun
    _runbitchrun Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I wanna try I wanna try!!

Awesome results!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Great work! Such a big difference in a short time frame! Keep it up girl!!
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Great work, keep it up!
  • dlemond1128
    dlemond1128 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration! I have been lifting heavy for a few months now and I wish I would have taken before pictures. The scale is not moving for me much either, but I am noticing the difference. I need to take some pictures so I can see how far I have progressed in the next few months.

BTW....I do love lifiting heavy weights too!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. I've been strength training for almost a year and even though I've developed muscle tone, my BF% is still in the obese range. Started doing heavier lifting (not Strong Lifts though) a few weeks ago and am frustrated my BF% isn't going down, but seeing your progress, I'm definitely going to keep going.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Per bliss! Go gurl
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Very nice results!
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
    "STFU scale" was exactly what I wanted to hear recently. I only hope my lifting will be as successful as yours.
  • whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later when pictures will load x
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You are all so awesomely supportive! :D

I still weigh myself once a week, but mainly for curiosities sake. The number doesn't concern me anymore.

Believe me, I know that it's hard to just "ignore the scale," especially when coming off of a cardio-only routine where in that state what the number said each week seemed to mean a whole lot (weekly Weight Watcher weigh-ins, anyone? Yes, I was a member at one time). But when lifting heavy it's just not a means to measure success. Too much is going on in your body, and the scale doesn't really tell you what those things are. It's just a piece of data at the end of the day.

People say until they're blue in the face to take comparison photos, measurements, see how your clothes fit, etc. And it's the truth!
  • reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and what a transformation in a month....I loved reading your post....:):drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • SandraNancy
    SandraNancy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You and me both, sista! I've been doing stronglifts for a little over 5 weeks now, and loving the heck out of it. However, the scale says that I haven't lost (in fact have gained), which was irritating the crap out of me. However, my butt is higher, rounder and tighter, my thighs are more muscular, my waist is smaller and I'm starting to see ab-lines-- I just have to keep reminding myself that I'd rather LOOK hotter than have a somewhat misleading number that no one else sees be lower.

Thanks for posting, this made my day!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Eep!

The difference in your thighs is super-duper exciting to me!

I'm 30 weeks pregnant, so probably not the time to re-commit to a lifting routine, but postpartum I believe I will! The thought of enjoying wearing bikini bottoms is thrilling!
  • Kimsoontobe
    Kimsoontobe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing results. I gotta start lifting weights.
  • migueldabu
    migueldabu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am doing SL 5x5 as well. Congrats for the progress. I should have taken pictures of two months before of my body as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!