Protein Powder - what flavour next??

Options
Hi everyone :smile:

I recently bought whey protein powder for the first time (vanilla flavour) and I'm down to the last 2 scoops in the tub, so I was thinking of getting more but a different flavour. I also didn't realise it tastes a lot better when mixed with milk than just water this evening when I whisked up a milkshake - oh well, lesson learned now.

Holland & Barrett have a buy one get one half price offer just now so was thinking of getting 2 tubs but not sure what flavours to get - there's strawberry, banana, chocolate and cookies & cream.
I'm tempted to go for strawberry and either chocolate or cookies & cream since I like to have bananas on their own anyway and it might be nice to whisk up a smoothie with a banana and one of the other flavours…hope that makes sense.

Anyone got any suggestions from their own experiences? I need to watch my money so I'm going for 2 of the 250g tubs.

Replies

• SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Anyone??
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    cookies and cream for my vote, not a very big fan of strawberry, chocolate next in my books.... ;P
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    how much do they cost? i get 1kg bags from my protein for £15 and it comes in a huge amount of flavours
  • BurnBabyyyBurn
    Options
    Strawberry! :D
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I use body fortress brand and really like chocolate , strawberry , chocolate peanut butter and the cookies and cream

also mix it with some Almond milk , and some frozen fruit is awesome or in some hot steal cut oats in the morning yum :)
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    UPDATE

Had a look around online and discovered another brand called the Protein Works. They've got a product called Diet Whey Isolate 97 with so many enticing flavours for £15.99/500g:

Banana Smooth
    Banoffee Pie
    Caramel Macchiato
    Cherry Bakewell
    Choc Mint Brownie
    Chocolate Silk
    Milk Choc Coconut
    Rocky Road
    Rum 'n' Raisin Ice Cream
    Stracciatella
    Strawberries 'n' Cream
    Strawberry and White Choc
    Vanilla Cream
    Unflavoured

I want to get 2 but torn between all these flavours (ruling out banana smooth, vanilla cream and the unflavoured versions though). Any suggestions - based on how they sound and personal experience if possible?
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    bump...
  • bradleyyharris
    bradleyyharris Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I use go nutrition, I love their banana flavour. use my code TIFPR4 at the checkout and get 250g bag free.
  • SunKissed1989
    Options
    I use go nutrition, I love their banana flavour. use my code TIFPR4 at the checkout and get 250g bag free.

Cheers :smile:

Any particular kind from their site you would recommend? I'm looking under the fat loss category (as that's my primary objective these days…as well as fat loss and protein increase)
  • bradleyyharris
    bradleyyharris Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Cheers :smile:

Any particular kind from their site you would recommend? I'm looking under the fat loss category (as that's my primary objective these days…as well as fat loss and protein increase)

to be honest I only get protein from there, I use their go whey 80 its low in carbs and sugars and there's about 20g of protein per serving. sorry I can't give you much more help as the protein is the only products I use off them.
  • Ashly744
    Ashly744 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the BSN-Syntha-6 Strawberry milkshake protein powder. The calories are higher than my other protein powders, but it seriously tastes amazing.
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    The strawberries are usually fake tasting and chocolate ones are rarely chocolatey enough so I would say cnc.

I had two tubs of cnc last year and got through it pretty quick, so good!