Overate on my cheat day, still feel like crap 24 hours later

Options
I ate like I used to all the time yesterday-- I estimate in the range of 2500-3000 calories, including alcohol and pizza. BIG MISTAKE. My body, now used to about 1700 calories a day, has utterly rebelled. It gave me a really painful stomachache yesterday, presumably from all the food, and it isn't letting up. It is 6:30 PM local time, I have only had a thousand calories today and (i) my stomach still hurts and (ii) I can't even think about eating more.

Anybody else experience this? I can't believe I used to be able to eat like that no problem, but empirically speaking I did. I am sure the prospect of food will eventually be appealing again at some point in my life, but it's hard to imagine it at the moment...

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    In the last several months I have not went back to old eating habits, but in the past when I binged I didn't feel very well for a day or two. Since sweets were my binge of choice, I would really overdo it and end up with a splitting headache the next day or two, but no tummy ache.

I would suggest just eating as normal as you can today, maybe drink some broth, drink as much water as you can, and just take care of yourself.

ETA: I can eat sweets now with no problem. I just eat them in moderation. Moderation really is the key.
  • Oricalcos1
    Options
    I have. I used it as motivation to stay away from the stuff. I literally use to be able to eat a whole pizza and drink a fifth of jack by myself no problem! But a load of inches off of my gut and hips later and it's just not appealing. Not to mention a shot of jack will mess me up because they only thing i drink besides water is protein... It's good that you experienced that feeling now you know you can do with out the excess!
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    yes I use to eat a lot and now when try to eat out I pay for it the next day and I don't feel the greatest but we live and are trying to learn new eating habits
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    for my birthday my sister insisted we had to go to chiquito's insted of my usual healthy resterant that i had been frequenting for 6 months

the next day i was in pain and vomiting, had to do a liquids only day

my stomach was painful and i had bouts of nausea for the rest of the week. just cant handle rich foods now. i tried a meal at another resturant that tends to have high calorie meals and end result was the same. never again for me
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Yes, me. I had a big breakfast and a huge lunch as part of my refeed day and it is still doing a number on my very bloated belly. I have total sluggishness and the carb overload is not sitting too well inside. It wasn't a binge, just a big couple of meals and like another poster said, I was also very close to throwing up. I took a 3 hour nap instead.