INSANITY COMPLETE! MY JOURNEY :)

Options
nking404
nking404 Posts: 73 Member
Hello all my name is Nathaniel King I am in the u.s army and this is my weight loss/Insanity journey. Im currently deployed to afghanistan right now. In October I weighed in at a whopping 250 pounds and im 5'9 by the way!!! The heaviest i have been in 6 years and i knew from that point it was definately time for a change in my life and i wanted to make it a permenant one. I was on a strength and cardio routine 6 days a week and I began to make better choices when it came to my meals (having no clue what TDEE,BMR, or a calorie deficit was lol) I continued this until January 2014 where i realized i needed a swithch to my workout routine, needed to do something different so I DECIDED TO PRESS PLAY ON INSANITY, I was a little scared at first lol but My beautiful fiance always supported me and knew if i believed i can do it i could. Mind you during that time between October and January I managed to get down to 209 pounds, 41 pounds lost since October not too shabby. Starting Insanity wasnt a walk in the park whatsoever these past 63 days have been so challenging mentally and physically its ridiculous but SHAUN T always kept me going always kept me DIGGING DEEPER and i kept pressing play day after day after day til one day I woke up relized I was 186 pounds and it was finally over. I fell in love with the program over those two months lol i went from dreading it to loving it my endurance was way better than before, I could go way deeper into my stretches, I got stronger faster, and best of all it raised my confidence level (not the way I look lol but the confidence I had in myself when working out believing I can do it). I joined MFP about two weeks into Insanity and met some really great friends who have been there for me every step of the way and I sincerely thank them for helping me through this challenging time! Without God, the support from my fiance, my INSANE friends, some great advice and education from everyone on MFP, and some good old fashion hard work and dedication none of this would have been possible!!! Fitness and healthy living will always be a part of my life now! So whats next, I plan on goin thru a week of recovery with insanity's core cardio and balance and repeat month 1 until THE ASYLUM GETS HERE AND ME AND SOME OF MY INSANE FRIENDS ARE GOING TO GET STARTED WITH THAT CRAZINESS LOL!!! (SORRY I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN BEFORE AND AFTERS AND ALL MY MEASUREMENTS BUT I HAVE A FEW BELOW AND SORRY FOR THE CAPS TOO I GET EXCITED WHEN I TYPE LOL) 1 more thing, I didnt do the fit test I always replaced them with another excersice of some sort lol I feel so ashamed j/k!! Fell free to send me an add

MY STATS: STARTING: STARTING INSANITY: FINISHED INSANITY
weight: 250 209 186.2
waist: 42 35 31

1 WEEK BEFORE DEPLOYMENT IN OCTOBER

wki78l.jpg

In december (before insanity) just took a pic of my belly lol

2u4ltmv.jpg

31 DAYS INTO INSANITY

152nvv6.jpg

AFTER INSANITY!!

292a5xs.jpg

f0vms9.jpg

312g5mv.jpg

2qltwgg.jpg

Replies

• NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wow - it doesn't surprise me that someone that has the guts to serve in Afghanistan can successfully work the insanity program. It certainly looks good on you.

Keep up the healthy lifestyle and stay safe. Personal note, please keep an eye out for all the Canadian boys serving with you (I'm sure they are watching your back too!)
  • nking404
    Options
    Thank you!! And I definately will!!!
  • brandnewsnickerpuss
    brandnewsnickerpuss Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    WOW, that's fantastic!!! You look amazing!!! CONGRATS!!!
  • nking404
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT!!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Awesome story and journey! Thank you for your service btw.

I did Insanity 2 years ago now, I did exactly what you did, started insanity and MFP at the same time. Since then, I lost 25 (almost 30 but I gained 5 back) and kept it off. I ran my first full marathon in Nov. Even though, I am a runner at heart, I still press play for insanity and bought t25. I love Shaun T! Sorry, I am babbling. You're story seems similar to mine. :drinker:

Congrats! Keep up the great work!!!!!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Seriously want to be like you when I grow up. You are the posterboy for results. You did it right.

Dude....seriously...wow...youve been a huge inspiration and motivator throuout my journey, and your results are just amazing!! Cantwait to start Asylum with you!!
  • nking404
    Options
    Thank you so much and thats awesome that youve been sticking to it all this time you are a true inspiration to people like me congratulations on the marathon!!!! :)
  • nking404
    Options
    Awesome story and journey! Thank you for your service btw.

I did Insanity 2 years ago now, I did exactly what you did, started insanity and MFP at the same time. Since then, I lost 25 (almost 30 but I gained 5 back) and kept it off. I ran my first full marathon in Nov. Even though, I am a runner at heart, I still press play for insanity and bought t25. I love Shaun T! Sorry, I am babbling. You're story seems similar to mine. :drinker:

Congrats! Keep up the great work!!!!!

Thank you so much and thats awesome that youve been sticking to it all this time you are a true inspiration to people like me congratulations on the marathon!!!! :)
  • nking404
    Options
    Seriously want to be like you when I grow up. You are the posterboy for results. You did it right.

Dude....seriously...wow...youve been a huge inspiration and motivator throuout my journey, and your results are just amazing!! Cantwait to start Asylum with you!!

Thanks brother!!! you had my back from the beginning and we never let each other quit!!! You are super inspiring to me as well get ready bro THIS ASYLUM IS GOING TO BE FREAKIN CRAZY!!!!!
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'd love to try insanity as a fitness goal. The results speak for itself and I applaud you!
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment! You look super strong and absolutely incredible. WOW! You are such an inspiration and it really goes to show what you can achieve when you set your heart and mind onto something.

STUNNING results :bigsmile:
  • nking404
    Options
    Great job! I'd love to try insanity as a fitness goal. The results speak for itself and I applaud you!

THANK YOU!! ITS AN AWESOME PROGRAM AND SHAUN T IS A GREAT MOTIVATOR EVEN THOUGH HE ONLY DOES ABOUT HALF THE WORKOUTS HAHAHAHA!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Excellent work. You look great!
  • nking404
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment! You look super strong and absolutely incredible. WOW! You are such an inspiration and it really goes to show what you can achieve when you set your heart and mind onto something.

STUNNING results :bigsmile:

THANK YOU!!!! THAT REALLY MEANS ALLOT :)
  • FierceKitten138
    Options
    Oh. My. :tongue:
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    awesome job dude
  • Gwennie60
    Gwennie60 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! That workout is no joke! I started it last spring and got half way through it when I tore my right lateral meniscus (NOT from doing Insanity but from painting my stairwell and slipping on the stairs). I am working my way back to using my knee at full speed and I can't wait until I am healthy enough to finish it! My goal is to aim for that next fall ... I hope my results are as amazing as yours. I know the first half of that workout was ... well ... INSANE and I saw some great results but I can only imagine a start to finish what that might have yielded! INSPIRING because that is one SERIOUS workout, Shaun T is no joke! And, thank you for serving our country!!
  • nking404
    Options
    Excellent work. You look great!

Thank you!!!
  • nking404
    Options
    Oh. My. :tongue:

THANK YOU LOL!!
  • nking404
    Options
    Thanks Bro!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!