Flat stomach question?!

Options
Hello! I have a question on getting a flat stomach. By the way, before I say anything, I do not want to look like one of those models like in the magazines and I don't want to be super skinny, I just want a flat stomach to wear a bikini ( maybe a little blubber to be curvy BUT STILL A FLAT STOMACH) ok so my question is, what is the estimate weight to have a flat stomach? I want one and I'm working towards one (but I'm far from it) thank you!

Replies

• marcellomoo
    marcellomoo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

Have a look at some of the pictures on here. You can see what other women your height look like at different weights. Just check the weights on the pics as it'll give you women within a range when you search by weight :)
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    It's not about weight, it's about bodyfat percentage.
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bump. i have the same problem :(
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Sit ups...more sit ups and eating less calories than you burn.

I have been working on my tummy for the last 4 months, lost 8kg in 12 weeks and do workout on my tummy every day. I have started size 12-14 and am now in size 8 which is too big.

Stef.
  • jac_84
    jac_84 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    every body is different and there is no specific exercise you can do to lose weight in your tummy.
    You will have to just keep up eating healthy and a good workout routine to work towards the flat tummy.
    we could tell you until we are blue in the face what will work but your body cannot be compared to anyone elses.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    It depends on your weight, height, body fat percentage, the size of your frame, genetics, etc. so there are a lot of factors that weigh in to that. As an example, because of genetics, I gain weight in my bust, bum/hips, thighs and face well before my stomach. I had a flat stomach at 143 lbs, and I still have one now at 135 lbs. I had a childhood friend who was teeny tiny—still is—and even though her arms and legs were very thin, she had a belly. In fact, I remember being really embarrassed when we were 14 and my mom asked if me she was pregnant (I hadn't even had a first kiss yet, let alone sex). Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce weight, so as much as you can tone your stomach muscles, the definition will not show until you lose the excess fat. I have the same problem with my thigh/hip area.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    It depends on your weight, height, body fat percentage, the size of your frame, genetics, etc. so there are a lot of factors that weigh in to that. As an example, because of genetics, I gain weight in my bust, bum/hips, thighs and face well before my stomach. I had a flat stomach at 143 lbs, and I still have one now at 135 lbs. I had a childhood friend who was teeny tiny—still is—and even though her arms and legs were very thin, she had a belly. In fact, I remember being really embarrassed when we were 14 and my mom asked if me she was pregnant (I hadn't even had a first kiss yet, let alone sex). Unfortunately you cannot spot reduce weight, so as much as you can tone your stomach muscles, the definition will not show until you lose the excess fat. I have the same problem with my thigh/hip area.

Add a small caveat, fat essential for women on average is 12% so the top muscles will show as you approach this percent, but all six is something more then losing the weight, it does involve patience and lifting, just MHO...next caller....
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    u need to cut trans fats from ur diet. ex: bananas cause fat in the stomach. and dont be afraid of crunches and situps and planks. 15 min of those workouts can do a lot!

LMFAO! Since when do bananas cause stomach fat?! No food in specific causes stomach fat. Too much of any food causes it.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

I have been working on my tummy for the last 4 months, lost 8kg in 12 weeks and do workout on my tummy every day. I have started size 12-14 and am now in size 8 which is too big.

Stef.

Um...no.

You can do 10,000 sit ups a day, but if your body has fat on other places it wants to burn first it will.

Moderate caloric deficit+work(cardio and compound lifts)+patience = your goal

You can get there with 1 and 3 but would be happier if you incorporate all 3

What makes this post even more ridiculous is recommending "more" sit ups. News flash, sit ups don't engage the abs, sit ups work hip flexors and gravity
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    u need to cut trans fats from ur diet. ex: bananas cause fat in the stomach. and dont be afraid of crunches and situps and planks. 15 min of those workouts can do a lot!

:huh:
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

Stef.

Um...no.

You can do 10,000 sit ups a day, but if your body has fat on other places it wants to burn first it will.

What makes this post even more ridiculous is recommending "more" sit ups. News flash, sit ups don't engage the abs, sit ups work hip flexors and gravity

people want to believe what they believe; it's very powerful and more powerful thing is that they swear that works....so, just do whatever "works" for you...:flowerforyou:
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    whatever this marine corp lady says in her post and I vouch for it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Recently, I have been trying to learn belly dancing. I have been watching you tube videos of women belly dancing and even the ones with bigger bellies look really sensual and beautiful to me. They have amazing muscle control and isolation ability, but a lot of them don't have flat bellies. It may not make your belly flatter, but it may make you feel better about not having a flat belly. Even if you just watch some videos.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It's not about weight, it's about bodyfat percentage.

^ This!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

OP, not everyone on MFP with advice is an expert. Be careful what you read around here.

(Edited because response was too snarky.)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    this makes no sense and i am confused as to your goals..you want a flat stomach but want to retain "blubber" that is first….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

LOL NO ...
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    whatever this marine corp lady says in her post and I vouch for it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
    +1
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options

Stef.

Um...no.

Calorie restriction is for losing weight, workouts for fitness and health. I have lost 8 kg through calorie restriction FIRST, now I am toning my tummy with weight lifting and tummy exercises including sit ups. As far as I am concerned, it helps to build core muscles and I have now muscles around my tummy where I used to have fat.
    Stef.