Self control

Options
Ugh, shameful lack of self control on weekends. I am pretty good during the week while at work then it's usually just Me and the babies till close to bedtime. As soon as the weekend comes there are just so many temptations I am having a hard time. Does anyone and have tips that might make weekends easier (and healthier) to get through?

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I usually pre-log my food and then just eat off the list. I try to fill the weekend with activities that don't involve food. It's a good time to take up some hobbies and get some good exercise in.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Mindless snacking at night is hard. Pre-logging your day and following through will help a lot. It's hard to keep eating when you know in your head you've been out of calories for 2 hours.

Another trick I use on days when I know we will be up watching movies, etc. I leave some calories for popcorn or whatever we want for later in the day.
  • jbwent
    jbwent Posts: 27
    Options
    I try to stay out of the kitchen as much as possible. I'll also do little projects around the house, you'd be amazed at how many calories are burned painting, cleaning out a closet or repairing something.
  • kb1927
    kb1927 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am still pretty new at this, but I try to treat myself on the weekends, but plan for it. We might have a big breakfast, so I'll make sure I have soup for lunch. Or I know we're going out to dinner where I'll probably splurge, so I try to cut back on what I'd normally eat earlier. I am trying to make changes that I can live with forever, so I want to get into the habit of knowing how and when to splurge rather than cutting it out completely. Having my husband on board to help find fun active (non-food) things we can do as a family really helps too. Good luck!