Not being able to stand the cold.
Memory problems or having trouble thinking clearly
Unexplained weight gain
Puffy face
Muscle weakness
Muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness
Pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints
Thinning hair

I am trying to buy these supplements tomorrow!! What do you think any experience?
Ive also been at plateau for 2+ months
but im wanting to take these because im not diagnosed yet and wont be able to go to doctor for another 2 months, i dont really eat foods containing iodine

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary - if you've logged all of your food the explanation to a few of your symptoms are - you're under eating.

You seriously need to eat more.

Also how long have you been feeling like this. At this stage I would go see your doctor and ask him to suggest an eating plan for you.

Good luck :smile:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    All your symptoms are that of under eating which you are. Eat some food a lot more food and if you really are ill go to the doctor.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    All these symptoms are also from starvingyourself. Please eat more and visit a doctor.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I agree, you are not eating near enough. At your age and what you want to lose you should be eating with a goal of no more than half a pound per week weight loss. That would likely put your net calories way over the 1200 you have them at which you are not currently meeting in any way. 800 calories is what a small dog needs to survive, not an 18 year old woman who has less that 10 pounds to lose.

Eat more, and I concur, see a doctor.
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Your diary concerns me. Are you really eating less than 300 calories on some days? You're really getting very little nutrients on most days as well. And all this to lose less than 10 pounds? Also, you're 18, so probably way more active than the majority of people here. I think you need to speak to someone about this instead of self-diagnosing.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I would say probably not even though I have not tried them. Hypothyroid is not all that common in young people esp without a family history but the only way to tell is a blood test. If you have a good relationship with the doctor you may be able to call and say can I get my thyroid levels checked before my appointment the levels are super easy to read and you can know the next day if you have it or not. You will want to read your T3/T4 levels and your thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) levels too. If these levels are low then you have it and will likely be put on medication to treat it. But I would not recommend taking something over-the-counter for something you may or may not have.