Guidance Needed

Options
tekne1
tekne1 Posts: 30 Member
I'm trying to put together a training schedule, and I am having a hard time figuring out the best way to go about things. I would appreciate any help or advice. My short term goals are related to doing my best on a PT test that will likely occur in 6 to 8 weeks - a minimum of 30 push-ups, 40 sit-ups, and a 14 minute 1.5 mile run. Right now I'm sitting at 12 to 16 push-ups, 25 sit-ups, and a 15 minute 1.5 mile run. My long term goals include running a 50k next December and increasing overall strength.

My current fitness program is Stronglifts 5x5 twice a week and running three to six miles twice a week. I also do sit-ups and push-ups at least five days a week to fatigue. I squat 170lbs and bench 90lbs. For some background - I'm 5'3". I'm vegan and average about 2300 calories a day, of which about 300 to 500 are usually sweets or junk food (I'm working on improving that). I'm in pretty good shape, but could stand to lose 10+ pounds of fat - I'm ok putting on muscle weight. My racing weight is probably 30lbs less than I weigh now, but I need to knock out this PT test before I worry about optimal racing weight (I think).

Again, I'm trying to put together a workout and schedule and I am so lost. I appreciate all the good info I find on MFP, so I'm hoping someone can help! I have access to a YMCA and its classes, and another basic gym with free weights. I am willing to put in as much time as is needed, I just hate to waste time floundering around. Again, thank you to anyone with advice on what to do or where to start looking for what to do. There's so much info out there, it's hard to put it all together.