Calorie goal question. Advice greatly appreciated! :)

Options
Hi everyone! I'm sorry if I'm asking a question that's already out there.

I'm 5'4 and currently between 126-128 pounds. I'm trying to get back down to 122 pounds where I believe I felt and looked my healthiest.

I'm setting my calorie goal to 1250 per day. I will not be entering exercise / eating back exercise calories. I just plan to eat 1250 calories each day. (On a typical day, I will jump on my mini trampoline for about 10 minutes, and do another 10 minutes of squats and resistance band).

Does this sound like a good calorie goal? I'm very concerned with going into "starvation mode" or slowing down my metabolism by going below my BMR.

Thanks so much!

Replies

• ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Calculate your BMR & TDEE, if you haven't already. Either eat your TDEE-15% or enter a weight loss of 0.5lbs/week into MFP & eat that so long as it is above your BMR. If not, use the TDEE method. With very little to lose it will have to come off slowly.

ETA: Here's a link for the calculations I mentioned.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

I'm 5'4 and currently between 126-128 pounds. I'm trying to get back down to 122 pounds where I believe I felt and looked my healthiest.

I'm setting my calorie goal to 1250 per day. I will not be entering exercise / eating back exercise calories. I just plan to eat 1250 calories each day. (On a typical day, I will jump on my mini trampoline for about 10 minutes, and do another 10 minutes of squats and resistance band).

Does this sound like a good calorie goal? I'm very concerned with going into "starvation mode" or slowing down my metabolism by going below my BMR.

Thanks so much!

Got back and set your goal loss to 1/2 lb weekly.

With so little left to lose, keep it realistic and sustainable.

Since you have no idea how much you used to eat likely, you don't realize just how low 1250 likely is compared to that.

While you are supposed to eat less than prior, and more more than prior, don't go overboard with both.

No, your plan sounds terrible. Search the forums for folks that have done the same thing - for like 5 months with no loss wondering what's wrong.
    If done right from the start - they'd likely be done by now.
  • gidgemidge
    gidgemidge Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Great link!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Thanks so much!
    No, your goal is too aggressive because you have only five or so pounds to lose. Set your goals to a half a pound a week.