I stopped sending FRs.
    Used to.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I usually don't.
  • BurnBabyyyBurn
    Options
    No, I don't send friend requests to anyone :)
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Already got my list topped with amazing people.
    Would take all day to name them all. Really.
  • brewji
    brewji Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I usually don't, but I do if someone seems genuine and offers real advice. Also, if they're very friendly towards me, and I feel that they would contribute positively to my MFP goals.

Most guys would just say "boobs" but I have my woman.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I've FR'd guys before. Usually if they seem like someone I could actually chat with.

HahahI guess I'm still new enough that I need to send out party invites.
  • happyfeet1993
    happyfeet1993 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yah, I do.
    But I don't really look at whether they are men or women.
    Everyone here has a goal, I FR them so I can support as many people as possible, and vice versa.
    I like having a bunch of different people as friends on my profile from different walks of life to interact with.
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I FR anyone who I feel I can connect with or who has a similar struggle going on - sometimes the connection isn't weight loss related, it may just be special interest related. I'm here for friends though - so not seeking a SO, just a friend and I don't care if they are male or female.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have sent out friend requests to men (and women) before, especially if I see a comment in a forum that I completely agree with :) However, since hitting maintenance I tend to receive more requests than I send out. Occasionally I find someone I feel I definitely need to add to my list though :)

Sometimes I actually don't even notice the gender until after we are friends lol
  • wildcatfoleygirl
    Options
    i would'nt...because i spend alot of time online...no need to make my man jelous..although i can be trusted.!!!
  • Gaby_BV
    Gaby_BV Posts: 70
    Options
    No, I don't send friend requests to anyone :)

this :)
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I only have one male friend on MFP, who I actually added today, but that's because he asked about one of the photos of food I have up, I gave him the recipe, and he seemed like a cool bloke. Also, he's married. It may seem odd, but as someone in a domestic partnership, I don't tend to make new male friends unless they, too, are in a committed relationship. I have lots of single male friends in real life, but they're all friends I've had for years who I feel very comfortable with. Nothing against single guys, but I find they do tend to approach me with more than friendship in mind, and on such an anonymous social media platform I don't seek to make friends of the opposite sex for that reason. I'm not at all opposed to having male friends on here, but I'm not interested in accepting the ones who attach tag lines such as "hey sexy" to their request.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i have only sent one friend request ever
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    i would'nt...because i spend alot of time online...no need to make my man jelous..although i can be trusted.!!!
    wat .-. lol
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have sent plenty of friend requests. This thread makes me feel very uncool, but I'm surprisingly OK with that.
  • mariepreston1995
    Options
    I send FRs all the time lol... why wouldn't you?
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I typically don't send a many at all.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I've sent them before.
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I will send FR to women if I find them to have:

1) An attractive fitness physique and mutual friends
    2) If I have seem them in the forums or on friends feeds and find they have a great sense of humor and can make me lol some
    3) If I have something similar in common with them such as a great weight loss story, or even being local to me
    4) If I've seen them post in the forums and they seem relatively awesome

I will send FR to men if I find them to have:

1) A similar physique to me and train like I do or I can learn from them and their regimen
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I've sent FR to a few men. It has nothing to do with how attractive they are. Sorry my male MFP friends. :laugh:
    Usually they're either in my geographic area or they are following a meal plan or exercise routine that I also like/want to do so I can learn from them or they're just goofballs like me.