Best running shoes?

Looking at purchasing new running shoes. Would like some feedback for those of you who put a lot of miles on your running shoes. I currently have brooks and like them but they are wearing down. What's your favorite running shoe and why?

Replies

• mam479
    mam479 Posts: 20 Member
    Everyone has different needs so what fits me may not fit you. For example, I've been a pretty loyal Asics wearer. The shoes I buy have great arch support for my ridiculous pronator feet and enough cushion for my knees. My sister wears Asics as well. I have a friend who hates Asics, she loves Mizunos.

If Brooks works for you, and they are good shoes I had a pair but I liked my Asics more, stick to them! Just buy that style again! Or the updated version!

if you're having knee or ankle problems, go to a running store (NOT ****S) and get assessed for shoes. These people know what you'll need and bring out several different options for you to try.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Haha the auto-censor blocked out the name of the sporting goods store. D ic ks sporting goods is apparently a dirty word.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    I've had good experiences with Sauconys and Brooks. I've often ordered Sauconys because they have plenty of room in the toe area without having a lot of excess slack along the sides. I often order shoes online but only started doing that after getting a bit of an assessment done at a running store. They looked at my old shoes for wear patterns and had me walk/run in front of them and recommended getting a stability shoe. That is the type I have been getting from that point on and have had good luck with Brooks and Sauconys although I've also had some good Asics as well. Have not had as much luck with Nike. It really helps to go to a running store and have them help you out and let you try on multiple pairs. Once you get a feel for the type of shoe you like, it might be helpful to go to a website such as Road Runner Sports as they have a guide to help you find shoes you might be interested in.
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Goto Running store and get fitted and treat your feet right ;)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Looking at purchasing new running shoes. Would like some feedback for those of you who put a lot of miles on your running shoes. I currently have brooks and like them but they are wearing down. What's your favorite running shoe and why?

the best shoes are the ones that work for you. get fitted correctly at a decent running store and pick one from those that match your running profile.
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    i wear asics
  • syk731
    syk731 Posts: 34 Member
    I agree with going to a running store (not a chain sports store) to be fitted and trying on some of their suggestions. I went to a running store and they had me run on a treadmill to do a gait analysis. I also brought in some of my older shoes but this store told me that it was useless to look at old shoes.

I've run only in Sauconys for as long I can remember. I've tried Asics and didn't like them. I also didn't like Nikes. The running store brought out several pairs of running shoes for me to try on (4-5 pairs). I was somewhat surprised to find I liked the Saunconys the best but my second favorite was Asics.