I need a new Scale

jsheets12
jsheets12 Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
OK... I have another question... What kind of scale is better a digital one or a dial one.. I currently have a digital scale and can get on it and weigh one thing, then step right back off and on because not sure I read it right and will gain 3lbs. any suggestions as to which type of scale works best.

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    My last scale was like that, also digital. I replaced it with a Homedics scale that was relatively inexpensive and now I get consistant weights. Make sure you have your scale on a hard surface, or the numbers will be all over the place.
    Elaine
  • It depends on brand. Not trying to advertise here, but if you're looking to buy a more consistent scale, I HIGHLY recommend the EatSmart bathroom scale sold on Amazon for about $28 (no tax or shipping added to that). It's attractive, it's digital, and most importantly, it's completely consistent. I can get on and off 4 different times and it always reads the exact same. With my old one, I was constantly frustrated never knowing how much I actually weighed. There are a zillion user reviews on there and almost everyone gave 5 stars.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    If you move your digital scale at all, then you have to reset it. After you move it, step on it, let it register your weight, then step off. Wait for it to turn off. Then step back on. That should do it. That's what the manual for mine said anyway. I like the digital because I feel like I get a more accurate weight because it does decimals. So on a regular scale I would be 133, but mine records 133.4... Its nice to have a more exact reading.
  • LOL!!! I had a similar scale that was also possessed! I could weigh one thing one minute, then gain or lose 15 lbs the next. I still have a digital scale, this one by HealthOMeter with more accurate results.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    My old dial scale was not accurate. It was weighing me about 3 - 5 lbs less than the digital. Plus my aging eyes had a hard time seeing the numbers. I think a moderate priced digital is the way to go. there can be some variation from one measure to the next, but I think overall they are more accurate. I think mine will actually trend my weights, but I haven't learned this feature yet.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    It depends on brand. Not trying to advertise here, but if you're looking to buy a more consistent scale, I HIGHLY recommend the EatSmart bathroom scale sold on Amazon for about $28 (no tax or shipping added to that). It's attractive, it's digital, and most importantly, it's completely consistent. I can get on and off 4 different times and it always reads the exact same. With my old one, I was constantly frustrated never knowing how much I actually weighed. There are a zillion user reviews on there and almost everyone gave 5 stars.

I just got this scale after returning the Weight Watchers scale. Just remember if you move it you have to recalibrate. I have tested it with my dumb bells and it is accurate. I have the Eat Smart and a dial scale hahaha
This discussion has been closed.