do you need to shed over 50 lbs, too?

Options
2»

Replies

• msw278
    msw278 Posts: 5
    Options
    I need to lose quite alot of body weight, i weigh in at 143kg (315.2lbs), ideally i would like to lose around 100 pounds, i am 48 years old and stand at 6'2".

i have started by being honest about my food and drink intake, i joined a local gym and try to attend every day, i too have been trying to dump the food i eat that is obviously bad, biscuits, cheeses, cake, chips etc, the exercises i enter on the records are at the gym, i dont enter things like general walking, the day to day things like gardening, cleaning and tidying etc, etc.

i am having trouble understanding whats good to eat and whats not, i do try to avoid white carbs but thats not always easy, when to eat is difficult as well, i am at the gym normally 20:00 until 22:15, i am always hungry after the gym and find that if i eat before the gym i get acid and digestion problems.

any advice or help will be gratefully received.
    Mark
  • ThinningKB2014
    Options
    Hi, I'm also in need of losing about 50 lbs. I was down about 20 previously but then stopped tracking and regained all of it plus some. The community support is so motivating and necessary! Please feel free to add me as a friend for continued support!
  • ChaephAT
    ChaephAT Posts: 1
    Options
    Hmmm. Who knew?!? I was doing well: lost 46 lbs, and then somewhere along the way, last summer, the routines went side-ways, and in midst of a home reno, the pounds slowly (?) made their way back ...yikes! I had been SO diligent tracking things, and exercising daily, feeling good about new-found curves and clothes . . . so, after some serious focus, I am enrolled in a Zumba! class, and hoping to get started with a personal trainer for 12 sessions. Summer is around the corner and I don't want to spend the long summer days in a burlap sack.

In my military days, my vessel was fit and healthy : I want to be there again. Although my 9-5 gig is a desk job, I am trying SO hard to get motivated when work is over : it's lighter now in the evening, so walking after work is appealing again. I am not a gym person, never have been. Slow and steady wins the race: moderate, consistent exercise daily is better than nothing at all. Just keep the body moving.

Onward and upward . . .
  • ToniLynnF
    ToniLynnF Posts: 15
    Options
    HI! Im a 23 year old woman who has since childhood been overweight/obese according to the BMI chart. I am a petite girl at only 5ft3 on a good day haha but weigh just about 180 pounds now. I learned of this site a few years ago but never followed threw with it but this time around I am completely determined. I am married now and have a 4 year old son and want to be happy and healthy for myself but for them as well. I would love to meet some friends on here to help keep each other motivated and positive :) Please feel free to add me
  • dintentions3
    dintentions3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i also need to lose 50 lbs. if i think of 50 as a whole,yes i feel very overwhelmed,but i just keep thinking how much BETTER i looked even 15 lbs ago. so if i start feeling a little better then i know i can continue. we had a pool installed this month so knowing that i have to put on a bathing suit to take the kids out there this summer gives me a goal to work for. im just going to think of it in terms of increments instead of the whole 50 lbs.
  • squiggysmama
    Options
    My first goal was to lose 84 pounds -- I've lost more than 30 now, most of that since January 21 when I began using MFP. It's a game to stay under my calorie goal and makes me very mindful of my eating. Mindless eating is what caused much of my weight gain. Sugar is a huge issue and is killing a lot of people. Sugar not only leads to weight gain, imbalance in the digestive system, but it feeds cancer and makes many other health conditions worse. I was a sugar addict. Most of the weight I have lost so far has happened through cutting out the sugar, drinking more water, and eating almost NO pre-packaged processed foods. I see no reason to change this from now on. I feel SO much better cutting the junk out of my diet. You can do it,. :)
  • tiffanymcgraw2003
    tiffanymcgraw2003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Tiffany, I am 31 years old and determined to lose 50 plus pounds. I am looking to meet individuals with the same sort of fitness goals.

My weight has been steadily increasing since the birth of my third child and I am looking to make some major lifestyle changes.
  • MandyLion76
    MandyLion76 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I sure do!

I log everyday.

Feel free to add me!

:flowerforyou: