I want to lose weight, but I don't want to lose my curves :/

Options
I'm a very curvy person. I'm 42-32-45. I want too lose.weight,but I don't want to lose my curves. I know spot reduction doesn't work but is it possible for me to be able to lose 100 pounds without drastically changing my measurements? (Particularly my hips)

If there's anyone that's lost weight but is still curvy, please help me out here :/

Replies

• laolivabeachbum
    Options
    You are a typical hourglass, which is very rare! I would imagine that when you lose weight your measurements won't be so extreme but I don't think you will lose your natural shape. Your hips and bust may get small but your waist will too.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I got way, way curvier as I lost weight. Before, I was apple shaped and my hips weren't defined at all. Now, my chest is about 8 inches bigger than my waist, and my hips are 10 inches bigger than my waist! Apparently, loads of weight came off from my belly.
    I love my new shape!

I imagine since you're already quite curvy that you'll maintain that, even though everything will shrink - it will all be proportionate. You may lose more around your chest, but the size of your hips is based on your skeletal structure.
  • xNausicaa
    xNausicaa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I hope so. It's be a bummer to lose my shape :/
  • laolivabeachbum
    Options
    I would love some curves, real curves I mean not fat. I'm rocking the barrel look at the moment 38/40/43 :'-(((((
  • xNausicaa
    Options
    Thanks! I'm not so worried about my chest, I'd be happy to lose it to be honest haha. A DD is a dreadfull thing to carry around sometimes
  • xNausicaa
    Options
    I would love some curves, real curves I mean not fat. I'm rocking the barrel look at the moment 38/40/43 :'-(((((

I understand you. I always described myself as a "boulder" as a teen. I desperately wanted curves, everyone else has a shape, even a little one but me (I hit puberty late) then outta no where bam massive curves. I actually like you're shake (I'm jealous of your chest measurment). Something that could help you though is a site called improveyourfemalecurves.com. I personally never used it, but my friend did and it helped her get a little butt ;)
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I also have an hourglass figure, and losing weight has only accentuated it.

If your wide hips and big bust are caused by genetics you won't lose it with weight loss.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Sorry, genetics play a part in that! But in general your shape will somewhat stay the same. I have recently decided to lose 100 lbs. right now have lost about 76 lbs. I am not sure what my chest size was but I wore a full figure 42C, now I wear a misses 34C, waist was 38, currently 28 and my hips went from 52.5 to 43 - so I am still curvy! I still have about 23 more pounds to go.
  • xNausicaa
    Options
    I also have an hourglass figure, and losing weight has only accentuated it.

If your wide hips and big bust are caused by genetics you won't lose it with weight loss.

Thanks! I hope weightless makes my curves better too!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine. No matter if I'm skinner or a bit bigger I am still hourglass.
  • xNausicaa
    Options
    Sorry, genetics play a part in that! But in general your shape will somewhat stay the same. I have recently decided to lose 100 lbs. right now have lost about 76 lbs. I am not sure what my chest size was but I wore a full figure 42C, now I wear a misses 34C, waist was 38, currently 28 and my hips went from 52.5 to 43 - so I am still curvy! I still have about 23 more pounds to go.

Thanks! Congrats on your progress so far btw :D I'm glad I'll possibly keep my figure, if only I could keep my hips though *sigh*
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I kept my hourglass figure. I'm pregnant now, but I'm sure when I lose weight again I'll still be an hourglass.

SAM_3249.jpg
    image hosting more than 5mb

38-29-39 in this pic.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I imagine with weight loss you would actually stay fairly proportionate to what you are now, just losing over your entire body. I imagine genetics and body type will play a factor but it seems likely you would loose fairly equally all over. I lost over 100 lbs and remained pretty proportionate. I wish I had taken my measurements from the very start so I could have an overall picture from my highest weight of 289. I do have measurements from 240 and lower, though.

240 lbs chest: 45 waist: 38 hips: 49
    159 lbs chest: 37 waist: 29 hips: 39

Overall, I lost 8 inches from my chest, 9 inches from my waist, and 10 inches from my hips.
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You won't. I've lost nearly 10 lbs (recently, not to count previous weighloss) and my waist to hip ratio is still .69. (personally, it kind of annoys me, but it is who I am) Hip curves generally come from your bones anyway :p

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/waist-to-hip-ratio
  • Jason3589
    Jason3589 Posts: 734
    Options
    Can l just say from a male prospective, l personally love a lady with curves xx
  • xNausicaa
    Options
    I kept my hourglass figure. I'm pregnant now, but I'm sure when I lose weight again I'll still be an hourglass.

SAM_3249.jpg
    image hosting more than 5mb

38-29-39 in this pic.

Wow, you look amazing! :-)
  • xNausicaa
    Options
    I imagine with weight loss you would actually stay fairly proportionate to what you are now, just losing over your entire body. I imagine genetics and body type will play a factor but it seems likely you would loose fairly equally all over. I lost over 100 lbs and remained pretty proportionate. I wish I had taken my measurements from the very start so I could have an overall picture from my highest weight of 289. I do have measurements from 240 and lower, though.

240 lbs chest: 45 waist: 38 hips: 49
    159 lbs chest: 37 waist: 29 hips: 39

Overall, I lost 8 inches from my chest, 9 inches from my waist, and 10 inches from my hips.

Thank you! And congrats on your progress c:
  • xNausicaa
    Options
    You won't. I've lost nearly 10 lbs (recently, not to count previous weighloss) and my waist to hip ratio is still .69. (personally, it kind of annoys me, but it is who I am) Hip curves generally come from your bones anyway :p

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/waist-to-hip-ratio

I've never even heard of the ratio thing! Thanks so much :D
  • xNausicaa
    Options
    Can l just say from a male prospective, l personally love a lady with curves xx

Thank you! c:
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass, too. A few years ago, I was about 35 lbs. lighter than I am right now, and I still had big boobs and booty. I think weightlifting helps, from what I've read.