Help

Options
I have a lot of weight to loose - i have already lost 21lbs and am now 250lbs (still a long way to go) but for the past 4 weeks i have lost nothing :( i am currently eating aprox 1200 calories per day (i am 5ft 6 female) but nothing seems to be happening - i don't feel i should cut my calories any further. i do some walking each day - but surely at my weight i should still be loosing weight easily ?????? Help what am i doing wrong :sad: :

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Here is a set of video's on basic food information that will help you structure your calories and macros. Video quality leaves something to be desired, but information is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAvW6xBZjSk&list=PLnPAPdT4m_g_jts_h2xcr2MFzW5uwJ2uP

Cheers!
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    you need to make some investments:

1) a digital food scale (20 bucks at Walmart)
    2) a heart rate monitor to get a more accurate gage of how many calories you burn

You are overestimating your calories and probab;y eating more than 1200 a day hun.

Expanding on what Billieljaime mentioned...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Here's a really good link to help you out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Also, until I invested in a food scale and started weighing ALL my solid foods, I was really underestimating and eating a lot more than I thought. It's an awful realization, but a necessary thing to being on the right track.

Good luck.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to loose - i have already lost 21lbs and am now 250lbs (still a long way to go) but for the past 4 weeks i have lost nothing :( i am currently eating aprox 1200 calories per day (i am 5ft 6 female) but nothing seems to be happening - i don't feel i should cut my calories any further. i do some walking each day - but surely at my weight i should still be loosing weight easily ?????? Help what am i doing wrong :sad: :

Well lets start off with your logging...did you really only eat appx 600 calories one day????

To be blunt...you have set yourself up for failure. How? By setting such a low calorie intake...

Based on your diary tho you aren't logging accurately...or consistently. You have to log everything...if you eat a cracker log it...if you have a bite of grilled cheese log it...you drink a Coke log it.

You need a kitchen scale as mentioned...

It is very easy to "under estimate" intake if you don't use one...ie cornflakes 1 bowl...an actual serving of cereal is 27g...or 3/4 cup it's not a lot of cereal...

Perspective...after you lose the weight are you going to eat the foods you are eating now or are you going to want to eat other things like pizza? burgers? ice cream?

Set a reasonable deficet, eat food all food but stay in your deficet. If you want to move more do that too and eat back 50-75% of your calories...you don't need a HRM for that (besides they are only useful if they have a chest strap and you are doing steady state cardio).

Read the links provided and you will lose weight.

ETA: and to assure you this works...I eat 1600-1700 calories a day, I weight 164lbs, 41 years old, lift 3x a week and HIIT 2x a week and I lose weight...
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

Well lets start off with your logging...did you really only eat appx 600 calories one day????

To be blunt...you have set yourself up for failure. How? By setting such a low calorie intake...

Based on your diary tho you aren't logging accurately...or consistently. You have to log everything...if you eat a cracker log it...if you have a bite of grilled cheese log it...you drink a Coke log it.

You need a kitchen scale as mentioned...

It is very easy to "under estimate" intake if you don't use one...ie cornflakes 1 bowl...an actual serving of cereal is 27g...or 3/4 cup it's not a lot of cereal...

Perspective...after you lose the weight are you going to eat the foods you are eating now or are you going to want to eat other things like pizza? burgers? ice cream?

Set a reasonable deficet, eat food all food but stay in your deficet. If you want to move more do that too and eat back 50-75% of your calories...you don't need a HRM for that (besides they are only useful if they have a chest strap and you are doing steady state cardio).

Read the links provided and you will lose weight.

ETA: and to assure you this works...I eat 1600-1700 calories a day, I weight 164lbs, 41 years old, lift 3x a week and HIIT 2x a week and I lose weight...

+1