Anyone just started off? Wanna help motivate one another?

Options
Hello, I'm new here. I started logging my calorie intake last week. I've got a bit of a mountain to climb...I want to lose at least 50lbs in the coming months. I started the 30 day shred today.

Anyway, is there anyone here who just started or starting exercise tomorrow? Anyone just started off with a similar goal? I thought it might help to stay motivated if we connect as friends with people just starting off. Motivational phrases and all that "Feel the burn, You can do it! " nonsense from toned up athletes does nothing for me. I need to hear from people just like me. I have a skinny friend who complains about his weight, it just annoys me. So if you're slightly overweight and starting exercise with a big goal, your updates will surely help me, and I hope mine will help you in return. We don't even need to chat everyday, just seeing each other's news feed updates will surely be a good thing.

Cheers.

Replies

• allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just started on friday. I'm in this for some major toning up to get rid of the fat. I'm not too preoccupied with losing weight, if I get down to the clothes sizes I want then I'll be happy. If you want to add me you can. I'm realistic - some days wil be better than others but so long as I'm going in the right direction I'll be fine.
  • SluggishSwimmer
    SluggishSwimmer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I'm on day six of logging, and am starting week three of regular exercise tomorrow. I've currently got my diary set as private, but I'm planning on using the blog/status update tool as much as I can. :smile:
  • Lizzybritches
    Options
    Just started today -- need to lose 35 lbs. Let's do this!
  • taylorharrison967
    taylorharrison967 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm looking for some fun, energetic people to add as well. I've got 50 pounds to lose and am looking forward to being milf status by next year, lol!
  • erikadyo
    erikadyo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started getting really serious a few weeks ago, I have about 30-40 pounds to lose, feel free to add me as well!
  • bhoelscher
    bhoelscher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Add me too =)
  • fitmomforu
    fitmomforu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Add me, everyone is very supportive and it's great sharing tips:)
  • CealR
    CealR Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat - I'm trying to go from 85kg to 60 (185lbs to 135 - ish…very fuzzy conversion there!) and I'm smack dab in the middle of the Shred! Feel free to add me - my diary's open and if you don't mind helping push me on the days where I just. don't. WANNA, then I'll be happy to reciprocate. :D
  • HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! I, too, have around 50 pounds to lose AND I also just started 30DS (I'm on Level one Day 7). Feel free to add me (and anyone else). Motivation and support is important to me and I try to support everyone's goals!
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi-I am starting today (3/10/14) This is phase 1 for me and I want to lose 50 lbs by June. I'm looking for all the motivation I can get. Let's motivate each other.
  • MichelleM0821
    Options
    Hi, I am restarting my Ketogenic Diet and exercise program today. I am having a lot of trouble keeping it together on the weekends (can you say wine and cheese?) :drinker: So basically every Monday I start fresh. Needless to say, I need all the motivation in the world to stick with it this time,as I know from experience you can lose 7-10 lbs the first week of Keto. Good luck everyone and I look forward to talking to you all on our weightloss journey. I MUST lose 25-30 lbs. by June!! :smile:
  • kari_kerry
    kari_kerry Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The weekends are a trial for me too...I totally lost all sense of intake this past weekend. Just went to town gobbling away. Back on it this morning...I have been sick and have felt so bad. Coughing all night = no sleep. I have to learn to keep on trucking through the weekends. I know I can do it..just have to get my mind in the right frame of mind.
  • GaPeachRealtor
    Options
    Include me in. I just started back also. Have about 70 pounds to loose.
  • quietair
    quietair Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want! Tough getting friends here, being a guy everyone assumes you want to hit on them. I have 70 pounds left to lose, just joined MFP yesterday.
  • kaydoh2014
    kaydoh2014 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm a brand newbie, but I'm a newbie (I started MFP on 1/4/14 and have lost 11 lbs - slow and steady wins the race is what I keep telling myself). For me this is more about a permanent change in lifestyle rather than a diet. Like you, I respond better to some kinds of support more than others. I'm more interested in being fit and healthy than being skinny. I've been skinny and found it's not all it's cracked up to be. Now strong and fit on the other hand, that's a horse of a different color! My initial goal to not hate myself when I look in the mirror is 22 lbs, so I'm halfway to that (but I'm already not even close to hating my reflection any more). Once I get there, I'll set myself another goal for maybe another 20 lbs. Feel free to add me - same goes for anyone else. And I promise I won't think you're hitting on me just cuz you're a guy, nor am I hitting on you (see sexymarshmallow, that goes both ways HAHAHAHA)! Good look on your path to a healthier life :-D
  • kaydoh2014
    kaydoh2014 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Woops, I meant I'm NOT a brand newbie, but I am a newbie
  • steelersfanpb
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow. 9 months of eating and not caring about anything sneaks up on you. I have 40 pounds to lose. Add me!
  • ladybird_502
    ladybird_502 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm on a mission to loos 30 lbs by 7/18. I need all the help and motivation I can get!

ADD ME PLEASE :)
  • Ichasestorms
    Ichasestorms Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I'm just starting off.... and will be starting slowly as I am quitting smoking at the same time. But as soon as I have a handle on that I will be ramping up my weight loss efforts as I want to lose roughly 50 lbs by July/August and start trying to conceive a baby. ;)
  • missquiet14
    Options
    Add me. Looking for support. I'm on day 2 if Jillian Michaels body rev. Goal is to be down 10-15 lbs by June. Everyone add me!