Vegan Recipes Needed

Options
13»

Replies

• HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    There is a Habby Herbivore website as well (if you don't want to buy the cookbooks quite yet). Everything we have tried has been delicious.

We also like BudgetBytes.com - she has a Vegan tab once you get there. Same with Kalyn'sKitchen.com

Also, the Fork Over Knives Cookbook is good - I took it out from the library. Make the Thai Peanut Noodle recipe - so delish!! I added way more veggies than just the broccoli.

The Field Roast vegan sausages are really good - they have a Italian for pasta dishes, a Chipolte...we made rice and beans with them...so good!!!

Have fun! Once you find some recipes you'll like - it'll seem much easier!
  • LaLaLovely76
    LaLaLovely76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hello MFPs!! If anyone is interested, I've accumulated TONS of vegan and vegetarian recipes out on my Pinterest page!! And for the vegetarian options, they can be easily made vegan by either eliminating or substituting ingredients!!

Here is my link:

http://www.pinterest.com/lalalovely76/
  • nursebobbi1
    nursebobbi1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://www.theppk.com/

That's The Post Punk Kitchen, website of Isaac Chandra Moskowitz. All of her books are great. The Peaceful Palate by Jennifer Raymond is a classic and one of my favorites.

If you have ingredients on hand but aren't sure what to do with them, list them in a web search along with the words vegan recipe.

For nutrition info and recipes, look for anything authored or co-authored by Virginia Messina, MPH, RD (Vegan for Life, Vegan for Her, Never Too Late to Go Vegan). Her blog is http://www.theveganrd.com/. (No recipes on the blog, but interesting articles.)
  • lizorland78
    Options
    thanks for sharing! so many yummy looking recipes! :-)
  • patelkinnari
    patelkinnari Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump..
  • Arclight306
    Arclight306 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not a vegan myself but I do have vegan recipes.

Two suggestions would be burritos and bean soup.

I make them from scratch to control the quality of the food.

For both recipes you will need dried beans. I use chili beans. Cover the beans with water and cut in an onion and add garlic to your taste. You can add salt as well as the beans have next to no sodium if you don't want them to be quite as bland.
    Cook them over 1-2 hours until they reach the desired tenderness. The soupy part will be dark red from the beans.

Save as much soup and beans that you want for the soup part. For the burrito part take the cooked beans and put them into the blender to chop them up.

Don't worry about cooking too much beans as you can freeze them either as the soup or as the blended beans.

For beans soup: take the cook beans and soup. Add in cooked brown rice, avocado, finely chopped raw onion and tabasco/franks redhot sauce to your taste/

For the burritos: Take some of the blended beans and re-fry them in the frying pan(you don't need much oil). Take vegetables of your choice(onion, green/red peppers, jalapenos as you see fit), fry with a touch of oil and/or use some water to steam them until tender as well. Corn or flour tortillas(scratch or store bought your choice), Brown Rice, the veggies, hot sauce, salsa, etc.

I add usually some cheese and meat but these are not necessary.
  • 2013noreen
    Options
    Bump
  • TracyMariefit
    TracyMariefit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been posted yet but, she is amazing!! :)

http://www.foodiefiasco.com/
  • simone207
    simone207 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Crispy Black Bean Tacos
    Ingredients
    1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon cumin
    1 teaspoon cilantro
    1/4 cup salsa
    Mozzarella Cheese
    8 corn tortillas
    About 1/4 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
    Instructions
    1. Combine all ingredients except for cheese and tortillas in a bowl. Coarsely mash mixture until everything is combined.
    2. Heat a skillet with about 1 tablespoon oil to begin with to medium high heat.
    3. Place tortilla in the oil.
    4. Immediately spread about 2 tablespoons of the black bean mixture on half of the corn tortilla.
    5. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
    6. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the mixture.
    7. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until nice and crispy!
  • msburgis
    msburgis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just joined MyFitness Pal, searched for vegan recipes, and found your post. I went to your Pinterest page, and boy, am I going to have fun going through it this afternoon! Thanks so much.
  • msburgis
    msburgis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My reply was to LalaLovely - I don't know why it posted here.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Not sure if someone already posted this too but this site is great!

http://www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/p/recipes.html#.U44a_fldXT-
  • rockfan85
    rockfan85 Posts: 5
    Options
    BUMP cos I went vegan for Lent and am now thinking of going veggie/vegan part-time. Appreciate the links posted! :)