low cal yougurt smoothie ideas ?

Im TRYING a 1200 diet , new to this and have nooo idea what im doing .

Replies

• grangersg1993
    grangersg1993 Posts: 2 Member
    I dont really like yogurt. So I use a combination of almond milk and kefer (good for digestion). About 1 cup combination. Then instead of ice to thicken because it waters down I use all natural quick frozen fruit abt 2/3 cup. 1 tsp vanilla for flavor. 1 or 2 scoops of whey protein powder for protein.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    I use plain Greek yogurt, almond milk (or regular) and add in any combo of fruits I want, and blend with ice. I also use whey protein powder as well. Play around with it, and you'll find what you like the best. Just get some fruits, frozen or not, and some yogurt and or protein powder and blend away until you find what combo you like!
  • meakri2001
    meakri2001 Posts: 3 Member
    My absolute favorite smoothie right now(it is my nightly "dessert") is
    -100 gr Greek yogurt(I use oikos fruit on the bottom Greek yogurt either pineapple or mango peach)
    -1 cp frozen peach slices,
    -about 5 pieces of frozen mango cubes,
    -1/2 a med size frozen banana and
    -about 1/4-1/2 cold water.

I let the fruit soften for about an hr on the counter then add it all to the blender. Once blended it has a nice ice cream like consistency and is really good.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,566 Member
    Im TRYING a 1200 diet , new to this and have nooo idea what im doing .

46 yr old male - First I think 1200 is too low for you?

Smoothie:

Any type of yogurt you like - single serving size or maybe half a cup
    some fresh or frozen fruit of your choice (I like berries mostly or peaches)
    throw in a handful of spinach or kale (you will never taste it)
    if you need to thin it out a bit use some low fat milk, almond milk, coconut water or just plain water

Enter a basic smoothie recipe into your recipes section and you can change it up whenever you change the ingredients
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Agreed, 1200 calories is way low for most men. If you're doing that to lose weight fast, you can mess up your metabolism. What does MFP recommend for your daily calorie intake? My husband is 188, 5'9, 52 years old, light activity and MFP says his calorie intake should be 2,035.

As for smoothies, I keep frozen strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, cantaloupe and bananas ready to go in the freezer. I like to blend them with a cup of yogurt (your choice) and either skim milk or water until I get a creamy consistency. Today I was out of yogurt so I just used a cup of milk (I need the calcium and am not a milk drinker so I sneak it into smoothies). You can mix in protein powder, spinach leaves, flax...all kinds of things to boost the nutrition, too. The beauty with most smoothies is you rarely go wrong. If you blender does it's job, you'll end up with a healthy, smooth drink that fills you up for 2-3 hours easy.

BTW, I've had a few different blenders over the years and my hands-down favorite is the Vitamix. Wow is that a machine and the results are so much better than anything else I've used. Expensive but the best investment I've made in my health and kitchen prep tools.