calorie deficit? help please

Options
Kimsoontobe
Kimsoontobe Posts: 110 Member
Mfp says calorie deficit is 1460. Fitnessfrog says 1390. Which one do I use for my calorie intake?

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Split the difference. Everything is an estimate anyway.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    when I type my stats in all the different sites, methods, I get all different numbers as well.. But I made an average and used that, until I found what number worked best for me. So I personally would just find a number in the middle of those, and go with that for now. I've found for me personally, that a variation of give or take 50/80 calories doesn't make a difference in my weight loss anyway.
  • Kimsoontobe
    Kimsoontobe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    They're all just estimates, and weight loss takes a whole lot of trial & error to find what works for you. Eat what MFP tells you for two weeks, them reevaluate.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

PS. You're actually talking about your calorie goal, not your deficit. Deficit is the difference between what you burn & what you eat. If you set your weight loss goal for 1 lb. per week, then your calorie goal already includes a deficit of 500 calories.