Who's That Girl?

Options
millerll
millerll Posts: 873 Member
I had an, um, interesting, moment today. My work site is a secured area, and you have to show your picture badge to get through the front gate. Most of the gate guards know me and usually just glance at my badge and wave me through. Today, there was a new guy on the gate. He started to wave me through, then stopped and said. "Can I see your badge, please?" Oh, jeez, now what? :grumble: So I handed it to him, he took it and took a good long look a the picture on it, then looked at me, back at the badge, then back at me. Finally, he said, "Are you losing weight?" Why, yes, I am! :love: He said that I didn't look like my picture anymore and he had to double check to make sure I was really, well, me. Well, that's a first. Personally, I don't see that much difference, but you never see it in yourself. Just thought I'd share that. Quite a fun (if awkward) moment! :drinker:

Replies

• jessicalhall85
    Options
    wow! that is so awesome! i bet that really made you feel great! :D
  • britlosinit
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I can't wait til I am noticeably thinner!! =]]
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    SUPER!
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If that happened to me...I think I'd give that man a big ol' wet kiss on the cheek and do the happy dance! That's awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • ericadoucet
    Options
    That's great. I would have been smiling really hard. That would definitely be a moment where I wouldn't mind someone not recognizing me. I can't wait until someone can't recognize me beacuse of weight loss of course : )
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    Awesome! Time for a new picture! :happy:
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    That must have made you feel sooo good.

I think because we see ourselves everyday (and because many of us have a mental image of what we look like stuck in our head) we don't notice the gradual changes, but when someone we haven't seen for a few days (or weeks) sees us they notice the bigger change.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    If that happened to me...I think I'd give that man a big ol' wet kiss on the cheek and do the happy dance! That's awesome! Keep up the good work!

Yeah, well, I did consider hopping out of the car and giving him a hug, but he has a gun....................:ohwell:
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    What started out as an irritating moment turned into a AWESOME highlight of your day I assume! I always feel good when people notice I am losing weight.
  • amscobra
    Options
    That's Awesome! What a feeling that must have been. Totally looking forward to a feeling like that for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!