Anyone else not sweat?

Options
Strange question, but I barely sweat, I see others with beads dripping from their bodies yet no matter how hard I push myself I only sweat from my underarms and hands (not even that much) I drink tonnes of water daily so I know I'm not hydrated. I'm just concerned as I tend to over heat and feel faint after a while. Would this be worth going to see a doctor about?

Replies

• katy_jane_2013
    Options
    this is exactly like me, if i workout with my partner he is like a bucket of sweat absolutely dripping and ill just be a little red in the face.. it looks like i do less work tho i dont .. im very fair and i just get hot n dizzy ive just learned to push through it :happy:
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I sweat, but not a lot. I look around me during classes at the gym and other ladies are dripping on the floor, leaving sweat marks on equiptment, using their towels and just looking like they are REALLY working. Me? I do sweat, but never dripping, never leaving stains on my clothes. For a long time, I thought maybe I wasn't working hard enough or something. But I know I am, it's just my body I guess.
  • FahadNaseem
    FahadNaseem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I sweat ALOT.. Visiting a doctor is always a nice idea in my opinion
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    It depends on the activity for me. When I felt like I was going as hard as I could on the elliptical, I really wouldn't be sweating as much as I expected. But when I play DDR, I'll be having a blast and not even feel that tired, and just be DRENCHED in sweat!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I only sweat when I tried a different workout combination. At the gym, when I did both the treadmill and stepper in a row for at least half an hour each, I sweat. Try different workout routines?
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I barely sweat too. I lift heavy with 3 minute breaks in between work sets. My heart pumps a whole lot, though.

I used to sweat a decent amount when I ran 3 miles a day, but that was over a year a ago. No more cardio for me.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I don't sweat much either. Even when I run ten km it's only a little. I run, I lift, and I used to tap dance for hours and sweat minimally. Recently I started belly dancing classes and sweat more with this exercise than anything else. It's weird because we don't cover much floor space and are often standing in the same spot.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I do sweat but I don’t' drip, no matter what I am doing. I have played tennis in hot weather and my clothes were glued to my body, I was red and hot and my hair was also wet, but not much, and no dripping.

People think that unless you sweat and drip enough to fill up buckets, you are not working out, and that is BS in my book. Sweating or not, is just the way your body handles exertion and overheating. I asked my doctor and she told me not to worry. If I feel that I am overheating and feeling dizzy, I just slow down or take a break and sip some water.
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I almost consider this a blessing :-/ I tend to sweat a-lot. There is evidence to suggest fitness plays a part in this also - Fit people can tend to sweat earlier in their work-out because the body "predicts" what is coming and prepares.

Don't focus on how much you sweat focus that for cardio you are in the heart range that makes the work out efficient without overloading your body. In my opinion if you feeling dizzy after the work out you are pushing a little too hard you should be "good tired" - knowing your heart rate will help and give you a guage what is too hard for example when I started back at the gym my max comfortable heart rate was around 132BPM now it is around 148. I know from past experience that if I try to maintain in the high 150's that I get dizziness and feel sick after the activity - I have "learnt" from the mistake (Note there is a difference between peak BPM and maintenance "steady" BPM - I am talking about the average or steady heart rate here.

Don't sweat not sweating your body will adapt if it needs to - be kind to yourself and yes push yourself but don't push to broken.
  • berlinberlinveg
    berlinberlinveg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out I didn't sweat. Now that I've been working out for some years, I do sweat, mostly on my upper body. No dripping though (maybe if I wore a sports bra and hotpants since there wouldn't be much clothes to soak up the sweat, but I wear top etc. so I get those fancy sweat stains).

I never assume that people don't work out hard enough if they don't sweat. People's bodies don't all work in the same way. Some people sweat from doing nothing.
    Certain meds can also make you sweat more (antidepressants for example).
  • orangeskiesinlove
    orangeskiesinlove Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you every one who replied :) I asked my mother and she said shes the same, must be genetics!