Major milestone...102 pounds lost!

Options
blinker86
blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
j2_zps92f026a0.jpg

It finally happened today. After gaining and losing the same 1-2 pounds over the last 4 weeks or so, I pulled off a 5.4 pound loss this week and have now lost a total of 102 pounds. I had been so anxious to achieve that 100 pound loss, and I'm just thrilled to have finally done it (plus 2 pounds, even)! A few weeks ago, I bought myself a little personalized key chain to help remember this accomplishment. I didn't let myself open it until this morning after my weigh in, and it was a really great feeling. Big things can definitely happen if you just believe in yourself!

My whole journey to a healthier life started as my New Year's resolution for 2013, and could have never imagined that I would make it this far. All the years of being so unhealthy and overweight and just not even caring enough about myself to do anything are over. Now, in my 15th month of this new lifestyle, I am happier than ever.

My starting weight was 271 pounds, and I was then wearing very tight size 20 jeans. Today, I weighed in at 169.0 and am wearing a slightly loose size 12. Now that I am getting closer to my ultimate goal, I am focusing more on heavy lifting. My weeks generally include 3 days of StrongLifts and 2-3 days of cardio. I love that I am able to run now, and I enjoy getting stronger each week that I lift.

I really haven't taken actual progress photos along the way, but I felt this was a pretty good depiction of my results thus far. Left photo is from my wedding in October 2012. Right photo is from today, shopping for bridesmaid dresses for my best friend's wedding coming up this October. I don't look thrilled because I was caught off guard in the picture, but I couldn't believe how comfortable and confident I felt in this dress, and I can't wait to wear it on her wedding day (in a smaller size 10, which is what I ordered)! :wink:

e2129df6-ab75-4017-8ff6-3f7e67fc9437_zps25b7667b.jpg

And to wrap this up, I must extend a thank you to each one of my MFP friends who have rooted me on throughout the months. There is no way I could have made it to this point today without you all and am forever grateful of your support! :heart:

Replies

• miinorawr
    miinorawr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic, congratulations! :)
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Love the keychain. I started at 272lbs and my total loss goal is 102 so I can be at 170!.
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Thanks for sharing! Love the key chain.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    wow - you should be so proud of yourself! Congratulations!!!!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment! :flowerforyou:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • StarFall90
    StarFall90 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You look fantastic.
  • yolohunter
    yolohunter Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow you look AMAZING :) Congrats!
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well done! You should be proud of yourself :-)
  • Kimmerz020202
    Kimmerz020202 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Blinker,

Congratulations!! :flowerforyou: You look awesome. What a difference. And I am so impressed it didn't take you that long. It took me a year to lost 35 lbs. and I still have about 40 to lose.

It's prfect goal to look great in your friend's wedding, and you will!

Good luck and keep up the great work,

Kimberly
  • EandA85
    EandA85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am wearing the exact same dress in grey for my sister's wedding in July!

You look great! congrats!
  • lindabeth333
    lindabeth333 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    So wonderful! Congratulations!
  • wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Great work, you should be damn proud of yourself. Such a tremendous accomplishment.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss! Congratulations!
    October is 6 months away, so you might have to take in
    the bridemaid's dress you ordered!.:drinker:
    Brava! :flowerforyou:
  • tracy2beme
    tracy2beme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Amazing transformation. Good job!
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss! Congratulations!
    October is 6 months away, so you might have to take in
    the bridemaid's dress you ordered!.:drinker:
    Brava! :flowerforyou:

Haha..I didn't want to be too ambitious! It's hard to say what size I will be by then, but I figured a 10 was safe and I was told it can be altered 2 sizes smaller as well, so I think I'm covered!
  • aliciadub
    aliciadub Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!!! So happy for you! You look amazing. Ah-mazing. Enjoy your new life...you deserve it.
  • QueensGirl83
    QueensGirl83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I am where you started and hope to be where you are now in a year. Congrats!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love the keychain, the quote is one of my favorites. :flowerforyou:
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    what an incredible commitment! congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!