losing inches gaining weight.

Options
ive gained 4 lbs since a month ago but ive lost inches on my body.
am i gaining muscle or?...:sad:

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You're getting more dense.
  • Vampcitychick
    Options
    whats that?
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    bump for more answers
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    You're losing fat, and gaining muscle. Don't worry, losing inches is fantastic : )
  • ChristinWrites
    ChristinWrites Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The measuring tape is more accurate than the scale regarding your progress. You could be retaining water, you could have developed muscle (which is likely if your inches are dropping) it could be unprocessed food in the gut when you weigh - numerous things make the scale go up and down.

I've only lost 7 pounds so far and have lost a lot of inches on my middle and hips and my clothes are all very loose. It's more about the measurements than the scale for sure. I've been doing both cardio and strength training.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Going off your diary (I only looked at the past 5 days) you're not eating anywhere near enough to be gaining muscle (sorry :ohwell: ) How often do you weigh yourself? Maybe the gain is a natural fluctuation or water retention, too much sodium, time of the month etc?
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I would need more information to give a forsure answer but yes that's likely. And also wanted to say I think this is much better than losing weight and not losing inches because honestly everyone sees you but not everyone knows what the scale is saying.