Looking for vegetarian/vegan friends or clean eaters!

Options
I am no longer vegetarian (but i was for 10+ years). I could use veg friends though for meal idea inspiration, because being a meat eater has made me so much lazier!!! I want to try to cut back on my meat eating. Also any other health conscious individuals .... Please friend me!

Replies

• cherrymei
    cherrymei Posts: 23
    Options
    I actually want to be a vegan but it's hard with the people around me. :(
  • Brand_New_Jae
    Options
    Hey! I follow a plant based diet.. its rough! Was a vegetarian for a few years then went Vegan. Decided to leave the life, ate some chicken and got SICK!! So I'm back at it... I'm always looking for Veggie friends ( only we understand our struggle). Feel free to add me!
  • carpetbagger12000
    carpetbagger12000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have been vegetarian (with small amounts of fish and/or seafood) for over 30 years. Feel free to pick my brain.
  • laurabunny91
    laurabunny91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian, and I do not eat/drink direct dairy. (I have soy milk and vegan cheese at home, but if a veggie meal already has cheese on it, i will eat it). Feel free to friend me! :D
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    All raw, with the exception of fish, turkey and chicken for some flavor and additional protein.
  • MizzEngelChen
    MizzEngelChen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I eat vegan. You can add me if you like
  • thatpixichick
    thatpixichick Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hiya, feel free to add me, I follow a vegan diet. I don't always eat clean, I try to keep a balance of veggies and "junk" food because it keeps my mind and body happy :smile:
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    How i wish I could be vegan! But without eggs and dairy, I would not be healthy. I have discovered that once I put my mind to it, I could do without most packaged, processed foods and am sticking now to a lot of raw fruits and vegetables plus a slow-cooker bean soup that keeps me feeling full.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and eat clean between 66-80% of the time. Feel free to add me (and never look at my weekend diaries- I don't think red wine is included in eating clean).
  • SunsetSafari
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, have been for seven years now and still going strong. Feel free to add me :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    How i wish I could be vegan! But without eggs and dairy, I would not be healthy.
    there nothing special in eggs or dairy that can't be gotten from a plant based source. In fact things like calcium milk is not the best source(despite what the dairy industry say). All you need to do to avoid eggs and dairy is plan a little and after a while it becomes second nature. Also to add just because someone is vegetarian or vegan doesn't mean there diet is automatically healthier. Anyone feel free to add me if you wish .
  • VeganMagpie
    VeganMagpie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 20 years - yo-yo between eating vegan diet - I'm currently trying to increase my protein with plant based products. Don't really eat packaged food - feel free to add me :)
  • Happy4Fitness
    Options
    I actually want to be a vegan but it's hard with the people around me. :(

I know what you mean.
    Any changes you try to make will always be critisized first. Especially going vegan. Try no to argue with other people just do what you want to do. Accept that it will take time for others (and you as well!) to adjust to new your new diet.
  • idkimfathelp
    idkimfathelp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a carnivore! :( But, am determined to go vegan or at least partially vegan since I seem to have developed a mild allergy to meat. Uh oh.
  • LaurDavies
    LaurDavies Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm also a wannabe vegetarian / clean eater as I am gradually going off meat (for a combo of not enjoying it much any more, and also ethical reasons) - looking for motivation and tips also!

Although I do have a few decent veggie/vegan recipes up my sleeve already, which is a start! :)
  • amierach
    amierach Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all,

I have been pescatarian for almost 11 years now. So many times people asked why I ate fish and the main reason would be if I went to a restaurant as I am not into pasta dishes (the only other option for veggies).

I watched a documentary which resulted in me wanting to become a vegan and here I am 4th day in!

I'm not finding it difficult as I always have soya or almond milk already.

The only thing I have noticed that has changed is that my energy is not as strong when I go to the gym. Can anybody give me some advice about this please?

Thanks in advance. :smile:

x
  • 39laurita39
    39laurita39 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been a pescatarian for 4 years now, i stopped eating meat in middle school =) Since then ive tried to eat clean. I eat mostly veggies & protein now (hence the fish and eggs..) and also some complex carbs. I keep changing my habits though i used to eat mostly raw vegan for a year i lived off salads and fruit ( + fish once a week ) but decided to change & add plenty of protein and cooked vegs since i started weight-training xx feel free to add i just came back to mfp =)
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Mostly plant based, over here! Not because I want to be vegan, necessarily, but because relying on meat means I don't eat enough veg :] My main concern is eating clean, so vegan replacements - soy cheese and chikin nuggets and stuff like that - wouldn't work for me anyway. Add away!
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options

The only thing I have noticed that has changed is that my energy is not as strong when I go to the gym. Can anybody give me some advice about this please?

Thanks in advance. :smile:

x

I would get your iron levels checked, I often suffer from anaemia and a lack of energy is one of the main symptoms.

I have been an ovo-lacto-vegetarian for 31 years, I've never liked the taste of meat. Feel free to add me but my diary isn't that exciting.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hey... I'm vegan and trying to eat clean... You can add me :)