2 months to holiday, which dvd/program to tone up

Options
I did insanity before but month 2 the push ups just were too much for my weedy arms!
I've had 2 kids so I'm not expecting a perfect tummy but just a little better?
I don't really need to lose weight, I know a few pounds may come off but not my main goal if hat makes sense?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    "Toning up" basically means losing the fat that's covering the muscles you already have so you can see them. And since you don't necessarily want to lose weight, I'm going to say you probably want to lower body fat percentage?

Best way to do that is with a small calorie deficit. Some form of strength training/weights would be good too, and plenty of protein in your diet to help retain the lean muscle you've got.

Great info here, and following the advice and settings has given me my best success with losing the fat: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13
  • ixtee
    ixtee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to add weightlifting. That will help you look tighter, allow your muscles to show through, raise your BMR and probably get off any extra weight you do want to lose.... Plus it'll help with those push-ups so you can finish Insanity!

If you have a ton of equipment, go for P90X series.
    If not, go for Chalean Extreme or Body Revolution. (All you'll need is a couple bands or dumbells)

I'm doing Chalean Extreme and I LOVE it!
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Here are some ideas:
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (using weights that feel right to you; I go between 3-15 lbs)
    Jillian Michaels RIpped in 30 (again, weights that are right)
    Jillian Michaels No More trouble zones (all strenght) and/or Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (cardio, lots of plyometrics)
    Have fun!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit + weight lifting